Need Fishing Gear

matthewa017

I 100% Agree with getting a job. Im a strong believer that all people should get a job once old enough. It not only teaches the value of money, but when you work for something instead of just getting it, you appreciate it so much more. I got my first job at a supermarket when i was 13 and worked there right through high school. When i finished school i found that i owned well over 15k worth of stuff (mostly musical equipment) and not a cent of it came from anywhere but my own work. Feels good mate, really good.

There's plenty of places to go, Maccas, Woolie, Coles. Maybe even fruit and veg shops in your area. Go for it mate, you wont look back!

Mate, your so right, I never thought of it that way, now that I think about it, I actually have alot of stuff, and if i add it all up, there would be a nice little deposit for a house.

Hahahahaha Matt mate, that just makes me laugh. You really do think you can just go and do what ever you want and instantly gain respect from everyone. Considering you have been trying to get with my girlfriend AND HER BEST FRIEND!!!! I would suggest keeping it quiet until you have something important to say. Not to mention for a website like this with so much experience and professionalism about the sport, its not just facebook where you can go say what ever the f@ck you like AKA Key board worrier. The main reason I havn't been posting anything is well because i am honest and have had nothing to post. Not just some random b@llsh@t. Although I go on this forum practically every day.

Cheers heaps Abu_bro :dry:

I think the post should be locked. cause its starting to get real nasty.

nah matt needs to learn his lesson he shouldn't be going around trolling, ripping people off, being offience to others forum member trying to get free stuff (even when he has a job) and just being a smart ass he needs to get he's account remove if anything

Nar, no need to ban him, he needs to learn and as long as he is reading whats on this site, hopefully he will learn what to do and what not to do, you never know he may become a better person.

Robin, you may be right for some of the people on the forum. I do know that there isn't enough time before I leave the country for this kid to be able to raise my opinion of him. My dad used to tell me that earning respect gets harder every time you lose it; he was right.

My son is 14 and I would hang my head in shame if he were acting in the same manner as Matthew has been since joining this forum.

He has been offered some great advice and guidance already, yet he is having a laugh at our expense because we are stupid enough to have faith in him. Hopefully he looks back years from now and realizes that he missed an opportunity to better himself; God knows I do it all the time.

Abu_bro. Mate, you seem like somebody that takes advice and what you said about this not being facebook is 100% dead on. Advice is usually worth what you pay for it, but here some free advice :). If you have to call somebody out, do it face to face or one on one; internet forums are not the place to do it. Take the high road mate ;)

Anyhow, I have had my say on this and will now take the same path I do when my son is trying to push my buttons: take a step back and ignore the annoyance going forward.

I do know that there isn't enough time before I leave the country for this kid to be able to raise my opinion of him.

Just cause your leaving the country doesnt mean you have to leave the forum. I for one would love to see some reports from you once you get back to the states hitting up the big mouth bass and so on! :cheer:

i agree with hains on this one. if he came and helped me, i would give him some gear or pay him. i have a fence to go up soon and i would love holes dug or concretemixed in the holes. i would evan take him fishing afterwords or another weekend. i worked from the min age and started doing odd jobs on the side. i will never forget the first combo i baught, it was a little $180 abu combo to chase barra when i used to live in rocky.

so matt, p.m and i can evan pick you up.... mate money is money at the end of the day

i agree with hains on this one. if he came and helped me, i would give him some gear or pay him. i have a fence to go up soon and i would love holes dug or concretemixed in the holes. i would evan take him fishing afterwords or another weekend. i worked from the min age and started doing odd jobs on the side. i will never forget the first combo i baught, it was a little $180 abu combo to chase barra when i used to live in rocky.

so matt, p.m and i can evan pick you up.... mate money is money at the end of the day

If he doesn't take you up on it, Peyton will. So let us know on Sunday if you need a grunt; he has been begging me to let him work for somebody other than me and I think it would be a good experience for him to have a boss who doesn't have an obligation to him :lol: Same for you Haines.

By the way guys, I am still planning to put up reports from the US. I will be visiting family as a first order of business, so I'll probably hit up the brook trout ponds, go for some Walleye, etc. with my dad. Once I figure where I want to settle, I'll have a better idea of what kind of reports I can give.

One absolute and total promise though: If anybody from this community ends up coming to the US and wants to go for a fish near wherever I am, I will take you.

exactly what do you expect out of this site besides free tackle bud? ur new to forum and asking for free stuff without completely justifying yourself is a bit strange dont you think?

Do you sign up to all the fishing sites and do the same thing?

I had my Viento for sale for 170, you offered $150, just as i reduced the price and accepted. Few mins later, you changed your mind and offered me $120. whats the go with that bud?

there are a few guys on here who are struggling students, or even unemployed. They still manage to buy tackle. Whats ur story?

I thought that beginner fishermen start with beginner gear? You'd have to agree that a Viento is not the world's most cheapest reel. You should start with some good basic gear and here's what i suggest: At BCF on special you can get a good combo with braid, reel and rod with some plastics and jig heads for $150 and on special it goes for $90...

heres the link.
/>http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Abu-Garcia-Challenger-Combo-6-8-3-5kg.aspx?pid=224412&menuFrom=340601#Description

Just keep an eye out on the bcf catalouge and you'll see the special come up either sooner or later. Anyway, this site has heaps of bargins and fishing shops have excellent specials every now and then... Just keep an eye out and you don't have to buy all of your gear at once... Just buy a few things at a time... Patience and good luck with your fishing

Cheers'

Anthony :)

ok.. since this thread sorta turned a little better I'll leave it up.

Kid/matthew - final warning. Keep trolling/posting stuff that is socially inept and you'll be banned. Simple.

Shortie (or anyone else) - if you see a thread going downhill hit the "report" button. Unfortunately we can't be here at all times and without a heads up we may not know about it.

Where do you live and when? :)

matt if your are serious and not a joke. why dont you come to the bream social tomorrow matt, people can bring they gear they are keen to sell. you wont be up to much without a job or money so its safe to say your weekends are usually free. you can even get some hints and tips of other people fishing related.

Nar, no need to ban him, he needs to learn and as long as he is reading whats on this site, hopefully he will learn what to do and what not to do, you never know he may become a better person.

Robin, you may be right for some of the people on the forum. I do know that there isn't enough time before I leave the country for this kid to be able to raise my opinion of him. My dad used to tell me that earning respect gets harder every time you lose it; he was right.

My son is 14 and I would hang my head in shame if he were acting in the same manner as Matthew has been since joining this forum.

He has been offered some great advice and guidance already, yet he is having a laugh at our expense because we are stupid enough to have faith in him. Hopefully he looks back years from now and realizes that he missed an opportunity to better himself; God knows I do it all the time.

Abu_bro. Mate, you seem like somebody that takes advice and what you said about this not being facebook is 100% dead on. Advice is usually worth what you pay for it, but here some free advice :). If you have to call somebody out, do it face to face or one on one; internet forums are not the place to do it. Take the high road mate ;)

Anyhow, I have had my say on this and will now take the same path I do when my son is trying to push my buttons: take a step back and ignore the annoyance going forward.

Yeh Gary_C I have approached the kid. I am just letting the people on this forum no how much of a scum bag the kid is. Also I went up to him the day after this stupid topic was created and grabbed him. and you no what he did, he laughed.

And my favourite quote is if you hang out with sh@t eventually you stink of it, I try to live by this. So yeh sorry to bring that stupid teenager view to this but thats how it is. :dry:

Are you talking about me Abu_bro? If so you didn't come up to me and I'm sorry for the stup*d topic I started I am sorry for the inconvenience and the irrelevant things I have talked about, I am also sorry for wasting all of your time and thank you to those who offered me the stuff thanks again. :)

Archived