Need Fishing Gear

matthewa017

exactly what do you expect out of this site besides free tackle bud? ur new to forum and asking for free stuff without completely justifying yourself is a bit strange dont you think?

Do you sign up to all the fishing sites and do the same thing?

I had my Viento for sale for 170, you offered $150, just as i reduced the price and accepted. Few mins later, you changed your mind and offered me $120. whats the go with that bud?

there are a few guys on here who are struggling students, or even unemployed. They still manage to buy tackle. Whats ur story?

Hey mate, me and the lazyboy have a free lure giveaway that will be drawn in 56min, all you need to do is like us on facebook.
/>https://www.facebook.com/Mrlachlan127

^Like link above^

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade9fA7nXKE&feature=g-upl&context=G24b243eAUAAAAAAABAA

^^ video explaining on what we will be giving away^^^

Hey mate, me and the lazyboy have a free lure giveaway that will be drawn in 56min, all you need to do is like us on facebook.
/>https://www.facebook.com/Mrlachlan127

^Like link above^

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade9fA7nXKE&feature=g-upl&context=G24b243eAUAAAAAAABAA

^^ video explaining on what we will be giving away^^^

and these guys are high school students .

I don't have the money to buy your Viento, I was trying to reduce the price so I could try and buy it with my dads money, I don't just sign up to get free stuff. I have no money and it would be great if people actually cared about others and not just themselves for once.

Mate I think what Taib was getting at was you had accepted a price but then opted out and tried to go lower. I would be annoyed as well. It may have seemed suspicious to him anyway as why would someone with 0 gear need a Viento?

If you can scam $150 from your dad you could get a cheap rod and reel set up with lures to go with it... So the whole situation just seems odd you must see.

This community is typically extremely generous when it comes to cheap sales, give aways and helping the less fortunant out. I guess, like everything, this sort of trust and support needs to be earned and is not merely a privilage.

My advice...

1. Keep your eye on the forum for sale section. Bargains come up all the time.

2. Maybe research exactly what you are after so you dont end up with stuff you dont need and will never use. Asking for "lures" or "gear" is to broad.

3. Try and score a deckie spot and learn a bit more about gear (in person and on the forum).

4. Get to know people here before making bold statements like "it would be great if people actually cared about others and not just themselves for once" which could quite possibly already have black listed you in many of these falsley accused "peoples" eyes.

Cheers

Angus

I don't have the money to buy your Viento, I was trying to reduce the price so I could try and buy it with my dads money, I don't just sign up to get free stuff. I have no money and it would be great if people actually cared about others and not just themselves for once.

Hey mate, why don't you try and get a job or something. because its like your asking people you don't even know for there money. because fishing gear does cost money. and most guys on this site gotta support there family and stuff

I don't have a job, or get money for my parents to support my fishing addiction but i use every dollar i get from my birthday and Christmas to support me for a whole year.

Matt go to onto metime website https://apply.mcdonalds.com.au/public/index.cfm and apply for a job at maccas. takes 30min to apply and it shouldn't be that hard to get a job is i got one. and also mate don't stuff people around on online forums it will come back to bite you and only offer them if you have the money in your hand. and is this Matthew Adams?????

Cheers doss

I have no money and it would be great if people actually cared about others and not just themselves for once.

I'm not one to jump onto a dog pile, but please read through Angus' post. He has hit the nail with point #4.

You see, I am moving back to the US soon and have quite a bit of gear that I am or will be selling quite cheaply (possibly even giving away) - one of the members of this site that bought some very low priced line from me ended up walking away with some additional lures for his son to use for bass and for himself to experiment with. So statements like the one I've quoted above are annoying and, quite honestly, sting. No offense meant mate, but you will have better luck getting a piece of my gear by watching for it at Salvos if nobody else on this site wants it.

There is a member here who had his gear stolen out of his boat from his front yard; quite possibly by somebody who felt they couldn't afford to buy their own gear or thought they might be able to get some cash by selling it. This community came together and offered him hundreds of dollars of lures, tackle, etc.

I have found AFO to be an amazing community and I don't think you understand how many people you have insulted with your comments. I, personally, give a pass for poor form from new members as long as they acknowledge and understand what they've done; insults go over like a fart in church.

I 100% Agree with getting a job. Im a strong believer that all people should get a job once old enough. It not only teaches the value of money, but when you work for something instead of just getting it, you appreciate it so much more. I got my first job at a supermarket when i was 13 and worked there right through high school. When i finished school i found that i owned well over 15k worth of stuff (mostly musical equipment) and not a cent of it came from anywhere but my own work. Feels good mate, really good.

There's plenty of places to go, Maccas, Woolie, Coles. Maybe even fruit and veg shops in your area. Go for it mate, you wont look back!

post-873-144598787672_thumb.gif

yep - that's definitely gonna get people to dig into their tackle boxes to help you out.

Just a question, if you get the gear for free, what are you going to use as bait.

Im not sure of your working situation but you can get a basic rod and tackle for very cheap, Its not the best, but its better then nothing.

I wont give my gear away for free , as my wife gets my gear first, maybe offer to wash someones car for a few $$$.

How old are you, what do you do for a living, maybe we can help you find some work.

Do bream take lures? except I need someone to give me a lure to see if they do! :L[/ come to sherwood with me on saturday and ill give you some 200mm surface lures then take them to oxley creek best rig out your deemed to catch a big one and matthew stop trolling its not cool

If you come and labor for me for a weekend, including digging holes, mixing concrete, holding posts, whipper snippering and moving dirt, I will give you a little combo and some basic tackle to get you started

There you go mathew, problem solved.

I'll come and help out Eddie ;) can never have enough gear lol

Excuse me matthewa017, whoever you are, can you please explain why on your profile page it lists your occupation as a cashier yet you are trolling the forum looking for free stuff claiming you cannot afford to buy it? If you do indeed have a job wouldn't it be much better to save a portion of your wage to put towards things like lures and terminal tackle rather than join up on a forum and insult and alienate people? You will find that the users on this site are very generous and willing to share information (not all, understandably) and will also help others out with gear and offers of help where needed, but unfortunately for you I am afraid that you have just gone and destroyed any chance you had of getting any serious offers of help or advice. So do you know Sari??

Mathewea017, I think you have given up any chance you had at credibility on this forum and it is your loss.

Look to the younger guys like Doss, Lazyboy, Runty, etc. and see how somebody your age gains respect on a forum that includes people from 12 to 112 years of age.

I'm convinced that you started this thread for the sole purpose of stirring the pot.

You can now fade away knowing that you accomplished your goal.

I'm Sorry but I just have to say this, Matthew, stop being a bludger, get a bloody job and buy some of your own gear, I have a thing and some people are not going to like it, but I will never help someone that is not willing to help them self's, like most of us here, we have all worked very hard to get the gear we want, haines490slc offered you some work so you can get some gear, if you don't take that offer, how do you think anyone will be wanting to give you anything, your sounding like one of those homeless people in the city "excuse me sir, I have no money and have not eaten for a week , would you be kind to give me some money" meanwhile they have a cig in there hand.

I did not want to say harsh words but looking at what your asking, is really making me annoyed.

I need to go and fish now, with my nice rod and gear that I have worked at 100s hours to get.

Archived