My first august bass

fishtales

Went to NPD for a quick fish this morning at first light and managed 9 bass. Interestingly enough there wasn't many dead Tilapia around and I do not think that the cleanup has touched this spot yet. I put it down to the deeper water available where I fish, and I have read recently that the deeper water is not as cold as in the shallow areas such as McGavins View, hence the fewer dead fish.

Anyway-thats my theory. :)

Now to upload a pic.

Chris

Post edited by: fishtales, at: 2007/08/01 12:59

Post edited by: fishtales, at: 2007/08/01 13:02

Plastic Man wrote:

sounds like a nice session matethey must have got all the fish from that area because i was there sunday and there was heaps of dead fish around good work mate

Hi Plastic Man,

They have not cleaned up the area I fished because the couple of dead ones that I found have been dead for over a week or so.

Chris

Hi Dino,

Further down towards Whitesoad Rd. All those tips you gave me helped with the slugs although most fish were caught on Jackalls and Megabass X Ultra Vibrations.

Funny that all fish were caught before 7am with barely a touch afterwards, and I started fishing at 6.10 am.

I was going to go down near McGavins but all reports said it was quiet so I gave it a miss.

Chris

Post edited by: fishtales, at: 2007/08/01 18:54

Probably a redundant question but what's the protocol at NPD? I read that to take a boat there you need a special permit but can you land fish without one? I also read there's a gate blocking the road. Is there a place where anyone can just drive in and throw lures off the bank?? I know I'm being lazy cause all this is probably on the DPI site but if anyone feels like filling me in it'd be appreciated.

Dunno, havn't got a refidex on me. But Places like Forgans, McGavins (basically the dam wall) and Bullocky rest will be very clearly labelled on the refidex.

Also, a week or two ago, 111 bass or some thing were landed for around McGavins, but I think it has shut down now. All of these 3 places have there moments in the fishing reports

Post edited by: Cowfish13, at: 2007/08/02 21:13

Archived