A Well Deserved Gift - Thank You Ellicat

AFO

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get well soon Brian, ;) hope all goes well. I only know too well what it's like been stuck in hospital and it sucks big time. :sick: :sick:

I'll put my hand in my pocket...hhmmmm better make sure it's not the one with the hole in it.!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a great time fishing with the boys on the reef .

Cheers.

Ellicat, I hope everything is coming good for you. I will definately chip in, its not a lot as times are tough for me atm but I really appreciate what you do for the site and although we havent officially met we have talked a number of times and I and understand the importance of what you do for this awesome community.

I hope you have a blast and look forward to reading the report.

Shortie and all of the guys involved in making this happen, well done, the generosity of people on this site blows me away. Its the best forum I have been involved in bar none and Im so glad to be apart of it.

Like others have said this is a great site and it only stays that way due to people like Ellicat keeping an eye on things and i'll make a small donation when I get payed next week to ensure he makes it on this trip. Also seeing as though you'll be fishing in an awesome spot you'll need some good gear to handle the fishing so if you're after a heavy duty plastics combo I have a Daiwa Saltiga 76 Game with a Shimano Biomaster 8000PG running 50lb which you would be more than welcome to take if you need it, the offers there so just keep it in mind.

Cheers

Mark

Like others have said this is a great site and it only stays that way due to people like Ellicat keeping an eye on things and i'll make a small donation when I get payed next week to ensure he makes it on this trip. Also seeing as though you'll be fishing in an awesome spot you'll need some good gear to handle the fishing so if you're after a heavy duty plastics combo I have a Daiwa Saltiga 76 Game with a Shimano Biomaster 8000PG running 50lb which you would be more than welcome to take if you need it, the offers there so just keep it in mind.

Cheers

Mark

I also need a heavy plastics rod since your giving them away :P Although Daiwa and Shimano combo? Isnt that like when the Ghostbusters "cross the streams"?

JK mate but what a sensational offer!!!

Angus

Cheers

Mark

Will he know what to do with it? After all it isn't a wooden handcaster :lol::P

Cheers

Mark

I also need a heacy plastics rod since your giving them away :P

JK mate but what a sensational offer!!!

Angus

Figured he might need it otherwise you guys will have him throwing 4lb gear around :blink:

As long as it comes back in one piece i'm not worried if it gets a few scratches hear and there as long as it gets used and abused it might even have a Saltiga on it by then. B)

Cheers

Mark

I think Ellicats job as modertor just became a lot harder with all these bribes

huh ? I thought it was a golden handshake :P:lol:

max pwr, A lappy everyday would be good too :whistle:

Brian i think we need a trip to The Cabaret Club .$20 = 4 x 5$ lappys :woohoo:

Ah the Cabaret. ASk Henry how to play stripper wars...

Oh Brian speaking of 4lb... You should def bring your Gunslinger along. We are going to have an informal comp at night who can land the best fish on stupid gear :P

Angus

Sounds very cheap Davo

Must be in Ipswich

I will chip in to take ted

Sounds very cheap Davo

Must be in Ipswich

hehe .in the city shortie ,i don't think there is a strip club in the switch .well i haven't found one yet .

i sent some $ across last night ,will take a few days to clear . its not much (equivalent to 2 pack of smokes for me )but i figure it all adds up.came in to a little extra $ this week as work now pays us a 4 hr min for public holidays ,so why not share it for a good cause and a top bloke .

Hey guys. Deadline will be by the end of May. This is when the monies will be transferred for the trip and flights booked (well flights hopefully before then).

Its been an amazing response with only a small deficit remaining that I don't think will pose any problem.

This has been one of those times I have been absolutely staggered to witness first hand how much people much be invested in this community.

Angus

rich/gus,

i've sent some cash through, i'll put in again if possible just prior to the cut off date.

Receipt number N051822306081

cheers

eug

p.s. hope you enjoy yourself brian, but go fishing at least :P

p.p.s. cheers to everyone else for contributing to this. as shortie and gus highlight, it shows the true colours of the community who get together for what is often a thankless task.

Sounds very cheap Davo

Must be in Ipswich

It is cheap but most of the girls are fat and toothless. Some punters find that advantageous.

I will flick some money next week.

Let me know what the deficit is and I'll don a wig and knock over the local scouts' Sausage Sizzle at Bunnings. If the deficit is not too high I'll do it early so at least they can still make some money for the day. That's just the kinda guy I am :)

I'll chip some in - will give Shortie a PM. Ellicat you do a bloody good job mate - keep up the great work!!!! I might see if I can contact Tim Sheens and see if he can transform your team and sneak them into the eight to further cheer you up ........

Actually Shortie, seeing as though I delivered on my promise last night, cancel the other half of my pledge. I mean, gee, if I can manage to get the hapless Tigers into the eight, why should the bugger get the fishing trip of a lifetime as well ............. :P

Not bloody soccer ?

I have a new favourite code actually...

Its the Alll Female American Lingerie League. Amazingly not only is it aesthetically pleasing, but these chicks actually smash each other!

Google image the sport for more enjoyment :)

post-63-144598798408_thumb.jpg

I'm a tight-arse student, so had to think of a creative way to chip in :whistle:

Bought this today

f.ashx?v=424192

Will watch it in about an hour, give it to Shortie (meaning ant will steal it and watch it first) on monday, meaning if you are lucky it might make its way to you before the trip.... :silly:

you guys are going with Nomad, right...? haha

In all seriousness eCat, I've heard about the operation and I want you to know whatever gender you decide to be is OK with me.

Funny that, first thing I asked him was something along the lines of "How was your trip to Thailand?"

In all seriousness eCat, I've heard about the operation and I want you to know whatever gender you decide to be is OK with me.

Funny that, first thing I asked him was something along the lines of "How was your trip to Thailand?"

Must have been a success cos Booty seems to have disappeared. :blush:

Cheers

Ray

Archived