A Well Deserved Gift - Thank You Ellicat

AFO

This is a special announcement and commendation from the AFO admin on a serious act of generosity which has occurred over the last 48 hours.

Many of you may have noticed a bit of absence from our longest serving and arguably hardest working Mods "Ellicat". Without going into to much information and getting more personal than required, Ellicat has had a bit of an average time lately including a reasonably long hospital layover.

In an effort to bring Ellicat's spirits back to a soaring level, and in short give the AFO community a chance to thank Ellicat for his long and very thankless work, member Shortie (huge thanks for this) has managed to pull together a kitty and present.

In short we are over half way clear to sending Ellicat on the October Jewel Reef trip organised by Obsession Fishing Pty Ltd!

A massive thanks goes out to the Obsession Crew for adding to the kitty the "mark up" making the goal more achievable.

Sorry if you were not personally contacted regarding this issue but it was organised fast and by minimum "fundraisers" who do not always know everyone who may have been keen to show support.

Anyway if you would like to show Ellicat a massive thanks for his tireless efforts its not to late as there is still funds required :) (please feel free to contact Shortie if you would like to contribute).

A massive thanks to the following members and businesses who have kicked up generously (in some case exceedingly so) to make this happen.

Shortie

Obsession Fishing

Ted

Madmullet

Azza

manni

Dassa

tomca

Jeff f

John Newy

Rayke1938

Eug

Booty

Kreel

Angus

Do$tylz

Johnny

Brisbane Fishing Online

Tugger

Bommie

kmcrosby78

fishingnut

Daveylad

Scope

Keen As Fisho

Dusky

Khoi

Tai

Zim Man

Max Power

Elops

Davo

(Names listed are in order they contributed not in value of donation).

A further massive thanks to Ellicat from the AFO crew for literally hundreds of hours worth of time invested in this site.

To many Ellicat can be the site comedian, or enforcer of the site rules. It’s hard to explain without ever being put in the position of a mod, but it’s hard work. In the interest of the greater site it often involves moderating mates and not being able to take sides. In addition although 100's of positive acts go unnoticed, mods draw flack from the less desirables in a public light. In short it’s not a rewarding job and we are personally so happy to see some reward dished out.

This appreciation is extended to all active mods.

Good fishing Ellicat!

The Team

AFO

Payments:

Hey guys... Worked it out with the Obsession Books and so there is not a double movement here could everyone please transfer their contributions to this account:

Obsession Fishing Pty Ltd

BSB: 064183

Acc Name: 10257248

Please reference your Username in addition to however much of the "Ellicat" you can fit in with left over letter constraints.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congats Brian.

Without you here i would of been banned long ago.

Dam no one will donate anything now they know your the reason im still here. ROFL.

Anyone that is willing to put their hand in their pocket to get brian on this fishing trip please PM me.

Anything at all is appreciated.

We arnt collecting monies just yet. I still have to discuss how we will go about this with angus.

Thanks for your contribution

This is what AFO is all about.

For anyone that isnt on the current list that Angus posted up that i have already contacted i will get you added shortly.

Hahahaha @ shortie.

Another negative about being a mod is although dealing with the scallywags you cant actually ban them. Brian tried man :P. I guess the AFO admin managed to see the good in you (proved in acts like this) all along :P

On a serious note congrats Brian but its well deserved mate.

Look forward to seeing you on the reef!

Angus

P.S. Ill udate the list of pledges as it goes so it shows an accurate list of appreciation.

Monies over the cost of the trip will not be accepted as to not be misleading.

The quality of character/s that the membership on AFO has never ceases to amaze. :ohmy:

I'm lost for words and humbled with the generosity of everyone to put me on this trip.

A very big Thankyou to all :kiss:

Baden, please keep your comments on topic :P

Hey Shortie, pm sent on my donation.

Brian, time to put that wig back on mate. I will never forget that moment at BRC.. :lol:

Chin up, keep smiling dude and get Well (not sure if "dude" is allowed, feel free to moderate :lol: )

The community is behind you.

Born to fish!!! A lifetime of awesome catches!

Cheers

brocuzenjoyedthereportandpics :lol::lol:B)

Hey guys I have just updated the first post with payment method. Please follow the referencing information :)

"Hey guys... Worked it out with the Obsession Books and so there is not a double movement here could everyone please transfer their contributions to this account:

Obsession Fishing Pty Ltd

BSB: 064183

Acc Name: 10257248

Please reference your Username in addition to however much of the "Ellicat" you can fit in with left over letter constraint".

Overnight we have creeped a bit closer to overall goal and requirement so thanks so much.

I think Ellicats job as modertor just became a lot harder with all these bribes :P

Angus

I think Ellicats job as modertor just became a lot harder with all these bribes

max pwr, A lappy everyday would be good too :whistle:

Someone else can ask for donations for that. :sick: :sick:

I will stick to organising the fishing trip.

I think I can manage that, if you throw in for me to take the trip too :P . My little gift to you brian ;)

I'll be taking my boogie board as I believe I can fit 4kg of tobacco in the bag.

Also I've been watching Border Security and know of a method to get the chocolates in as well :lol: (as long as there's a basin in the loo)

Jords, I'm not going if you are :P

I'll be taking my boogie board as I believe I can fit 4kg of tobacco in the bag.

Also I've been watching Border Security and know of a method to get the chocolates in as well :lol: (as long as there's a basin in the loo)

Jords, I'm not going if you are :P

Cool, means I can bring a mate!

In all seriousness I really hope you have a blast ellicat and hope your health issues are resolved soon ( if they already haven't been ) $100 sent mate and if there's any leftover funds drink it!

You gotta love having mates like shortie that will come up with an idea like this one :cheer:

The list at the top of the page will be adjusted to reflect who has contributed.

I would also like to thank those who are not in a position to contribute but still replied to the pm's i sent out. And also to those that wish to remain anonymous about their contributions by not appearing in the list.

I would like to contribute but I don't do internet banking and during bank open hours I don't get the time to go there and do transfer very often, is there another option at all or perhaps someone add a bit and I can sort some fold, C-ash out?

Heya Den

If you want to use my PayPal on ReelTackle I can transfer it through for you.

I would like to contribute but I don't do internet banking and during bank open hours I don't get the time to go there and do transfer very often, is there another option at all or perhaps someone add a bit and I can sort some fold, C-ash out?

I can sort your bit out mate. Then we can catch up later.

Thanks

Yea Den just use the PayPal tab in the left side column called ReelTackle Promotions.

Enter the amount the in box and click the Donate button to go to PayPal.

Nice and easy.

If anyone else prefers to donate to the Ellicat Foundation via PayPal just follow the directions above but please send me a PM immediately so I know who it is from.

Thanks

Lance

Yea Den just use the PayPal tab in the left side column called ReelTackle Promotions.

Enter the amount the in box and click the Donate button to go to PayPal.

Nice and easy.

If anyone else prefers to donate to the Ellicat Foundation via PayPal just follow the directions above but please send me a PM immediately so I know who it is from.

Thanks

Lance

All done mate, donated what I could for now B)

Brian I hope you enjoy your trip mate, I was really hanging to join this one but will have to do it next year.

Archived