2nd AFO Wanderers social Blakesleys aug31 to sep2nd

tugger

Will have a deckie spot for offshore fishing if the weather is good enough i've had a fella pull out so i will take ne of the guys with the smaller boats. Kelvin i think you were putting your hand up for one of the days give us a yell

OK, so now that I've finished doing cartwheels (not quite Olympic standard but reasonably elegantly given that I'm a member of the hundred club ....) around my loungeroom, I'll happily take you up on this Mark. I'll be heading over Friday arvo/early evening after work so hopefully the weather is good for the Saturday morning as I can't stay Sat night.

I've got plenty of hardwood (old bearers, etc from a carport). I'll check that it's not treated but 99% sure it is fine.

Mark, I have a TLD 20 loaded with 40lb braid and a Penn 330 GTi loaded with 30lb mono - which would be more suitable ...................... :P

Thanks mate, looking forward to this even more now!!!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be coming on Friday night. Will be bring a 19L corni keg with either a Belgian Smoked Ale that is already made or a Amber Ale with Amarillo hops that I am about to put on. The amber ale is pretty standard but I have never tasted anything like the smoked ale, sort of has a hickory smell and taste to it.

Anyone have a preference. Looking at pouring it with one of the CO2 bulb keg charger's. Anyone used one before. Don't really want to bring the bottle over as it has a bit of rust already.
/>http://craftbrewer.com/shop/details.asp?PID=979

Cheers

BJ

Great news. Today I picked up my new GPS/Fishfinder from insurance. They replaced my old Globalmap 2400 with a Raymarine e7d and p48 600watt transducer. :)

So I'm definitely in for this trip, and I've booked the Friday off.

Hopefully I can learn to go offshore this weekend! :)

I'll have two spots on my boat too for others. I'll be leaving from Rudy Marrs, Jacobs Well on the Friday.

Really, really looking forward to this trip, as I'm still raw about missing the last one.

Did anyone organise a tender for the boats at all?

Updated list

Members list coming so far

Tugger

Basstracker

Madmullet

Ash

Pancakes and haggis

Haines490slc

Gary c

Crazywalrus

Demarc

E-fish-n-sea

Rosstralia46

Moparkevuk

Malcom

Sehrguht

Neal82

Davopac

Scotty

Greenmachine

Regulated

Kmcrosby78

Stradiebrad

Mickfillet

Bri the pom

Kreel

Zano

Bundyguy

Jacob

So put your hand up if your coming so we can get an idea of numbers as we have a big cook up saturday night

I will be leaving from rudy maars aswell this time, should have a decky spot for saturday, looks like ill be getting there early saturday morning and heading back sometime saturday arvo night, not sure the minister will let me miss fathers day at home as ironic as that might be..haha.. offshore fingers crossed!

I will be leaving from rudy maars aswell this time, should have a decky spot for saturday, looks like ill be getting there early saturday morning and heading back sometime saturday arvo night, not sure the minister will let me miss fathers day at home as ironic as that might be..haha.. offshore fingers crossed!

brad rudys have time restrictions might wana give em a buzz see if they dont mind a late nnight use of the marina there ph,55462222

wheres everyone leaving from

Rudy Maars,

what kind of time you leavin mick rudy mars for me too.

um iam pritty sure high tide on the fri morning is at 9:00,and its a big high tide at 2m. so should be able to drive the boats right up to the shore line at camp and off load the gear. I prob leave rudys around 8/830,maybe a bit earlier so we can drop the pots and hopfully have crab for an arvo snack.ive got a 3mtr zodiac boat that ill bring for a tender so no need to worry bout the whole pully system thing ay brad.or for any one else for that matter.although i must say iam not to keen on the idea of using the zodiac to lugg the gear from ship to shore. persons only!!!!

i'll be leaving from Viccy point, ASAP after work friday.

hopefully get there earlier than last time. let me know what time you'll get there Kelvin, i might be able to help you out with taking some gear across

Cheers Neal but will be packing pretty light as am only staying the Fri night. Will either see you at the ramp or over there.

wheres everyone leaving from

Rudy Maars,

what kind of time you leavin mick rudy mars for me too.

um iam pritty sure high tide on the fri morning is at 9:00,and its a big high tide at 2m. so should be able to drive the boats right up to the shore line at camp and off load the gear. I prob leave rudys around 8/830,maybe a bit earlier so we can drop the pots and hopfully have crab for an arvo snack.ive got a 3mtr zodiac boat that ill bring for a tender so no need to worry bout the whole pully system thing ay brad.or for any one else for that matter.although i must say iam not to keen on the idea of using the zodiac to lugg the gear from ship to shore. persons only!!!!

Mike fillet, do you mind if I follow you out from Rudys on the Friday? I'll be there at 8AM.

--julian

Does anyone have a route for the GPS they would be able to post up for anyone going over at night from the main ramps to Blakesley's. Most of it looks ok but I see on google maps there is a few channels you need to follow getting closer to the anchorage.

I should be able to convert them to whatever format people need for their GPS.

Cheers.

BJ

I'll look to do that closer to the date.

work has a funny way of calling me in when I least expect it,

wouldnt want to take up a deckie spot if someone else is definitely able to attend

If your looking for a deckie spot there are fellas already offering just put your hand up here or reply to the guys offering the spots

wish i had a boat so i could load my gear up and head out there lol

i'll be leaving from Viccy point, ASAP after work friday.

hopefully get there earlier than last time. let me know what time you'll get there Kelvin, i might be able to help you out with taking some gear across

He's assuming I will be able to find the boat keys!!

Archived