Off Straddie 5/8/2012

Malcolm

Another day out on the excellent Malcolm Boat;

post-4325-144598837274_thumb.jpg

Easy bar crossing saw us to Boat Rock in about an hour from Cleveland, no dramas.

Lots of whales about, so anchoring was out, (and it makes Malc sick :sick:). 2nd drift and it was Malc's Poo time as usual :sick: . 3rd drift and boom! off Malc's rod goes, a few solid runs, Malc resisting the urge to turn up the drag, get's it to the boat. Get the Net! Gonna need a bigger net! Nearly done me back getting the short handled net up. Malc was utterly stoked saying this sort of thing doesn't happen to him!

post-4325-144598837285_thumb.jpg

Slap it on the mat;

post-4325-144598837292_thumb.jpg

And into the Esky.

Few more drifts then off back to Dunwich pylons via Amity to scope out my upcoming weekend break accommodation.

Malc caught a few at Dunwich, then we flicked for Flatties near Cleveland, Malc getting a few Pike. No luck with the crab pots.....

Tried out me new Abu Garcia Overhead, and had me trusty DropShot, but no fish for me.....This "A fish is a bonus" mantra is sure wearing thin! If I don't catch anything at Straddy look out for the For Sale posts, I'll just hang with Lance's mate! :P

Tootle Pip!

Thats good practise for Blakesleys camp in a couple of weeks you've cracked the first big fella now you'll have to get a bigger esky Mal, Kev don't give up we'll see what we can do for ya in a couple of weeks

Another day out on the excellent Malcolm Boat;

m5.jpg[/attachment]

Slap it on the mat;

[attachment=54065]m7.jpg[/attachment]

And into the Esky.

Few more drifts then off back to Dunwich pylons via Amity to scope out my upcoming weekend break accommodation.

Malc caught a few at Dunwich, then we flicked for Flatties near Cleveland, Malc getting a few Pike. No luck with the crab pots.....

Tried out me new Abu Garcia Overhead, and had me trusty DropShot, but no fish for me.....This "A fish is a bonus" mantra is sure wearing thin! If I don't catch anything at Straddy look out for the For Sale posts, I'll just hang with Lance's mate! :P

Tootle Pip!

Archived