Who is fishing where 17-19/8/7

Brian D

I got a leave pass for a days fishing this weekend. The conditions are looking OK at about 10/15 with lighter winds early.

So where are you fishers fishing and does someone want a deckie spot?

I would say bay squire or pin jewies, but I am leaning towards the bay squire. I am thinking north of the 4 beacons with either a very early morning or an arvo into night (home by about midnight).

Any suggestions or takers?

Very tempting offer Brian, but I've got a visit from the Tax Office on Friday morning followed by the school thing in the arvo.

It's the wife's birthday on Sunday so I have to go shopping Saturday and then dinner Saturday night and a visit to the out-laws on Sunday.

If you're willing to abduct me.....

Gezz dhess you should get outside amounst the pearlies and snapper. You only got a couple of weeks left before change of season, currents and water temp.

Hey Jeff sorry mate :unsure: but Loz has PM me 1st and it looks like a Sunday morning trip. :) Allthough after the \"trips off\" heart attack he gave me I said I would never talk to him again.:pinch: How about next full moon we try the pin?

Yeah OD. Ages ago Jimmy said something about north of the 4 beacons there's a good drop off / ledge where they pick up the ocasional Cobia and good size snapper.

I have been wanting to go and have a look ever since. Being a southern bay boy I haven't been that way before so it will be a bit of a hit and miss afair. Still if we find somewhere pre-dawn we should go OK.

But depends on the weather and wind. It could be raining. :pinch:

Brian D wrote:

Gezz dhess you should get outside amounst the pearlies and snapper. You only got a couple of weeks left before change of season, currents and water temp.

I would love to head offshore but not sure if the weather will be good enough. Will have to wait and see.

Dan23 wrote:

Took my girlfriend for a drive to Bribie yesterday for some quality time. Dared to break out the rod for a quick flick and got accused of only taking her for a drive because I wanted an excuse to suss out good fishing spots. Can't win.

I hear you Dan:pinch: I get that sort of crap all the time - but that's because it's like Elli says - it's true:woohoo:

When will they learn?

On another note - maybe we should look at some of those whiting on Sunday as well.

Brian D wrote:

Hey Jeff sorry mate :unsure: but Loz has PM me 1st and it looks like a Sunday morning trip. :) Allthough after the \"trips off\" heart attack he gave me I said I would never talk to him again.:pinch: How about next full moon we try the pin?

sounds like perfect timing for a jewie hunt to me brian ,that would be great.

ah well,seeing as lozz beat me to the draw ;) i'll have to got fishing in my boat.

a pre dawn start in the mouth of the river along a rockwall try for some squire on bait then continue my quest for my first bream on these bloody soft plastics when the sun comes up.

will have room for a deckie or two if anyone's interested in a very early start

jeff f wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
Going to be heading out from Jacobs Well on Saturday morning about 6am looking for a big lizard for the FOTM comp!

forgot about that

could be talked into going flathead hunting somewhere instead

still need a decky

Is that saturday or sunday your fishing? I may be able to help out... may be able to.

Brian D wrote:

but Loz has PM me 1st and it looks like a Sunday morning trip. :)

Is it saturday or sunday? because looking at seabreeze sunday is 20knots and im not going out in that lol

my parents car is in the carport till saturday night and they didnt leave me a spare key which means i cant get my boat out. so looks like im not going :(

Post edited by: Oceandonkey, at: 2007/08/17 13:48

Oceandonkey wrote:

Brian D wrote:
but Loz has PM me 1st and it looks like a Sunday morning trip. :)

Is it saturday or sunday? because looking at seabreeze sunday is 20knots and im not going out in that lol

my parents car is in the carport till saturday night and they didnt leave me a spare key which means i cant get my boat out. so looks like im not going :(<br><br>Post edited by: Oceandonkey, at: 2007/08/17 13:48

i'm talking saturday morning od and you are welcome to join me if you like.

you can teach me to catch squire in the river, haven't caught one there yet.

Archived