Dawn session at NPD

fishtales

I went early this morning to NPD for my latest bass fix which needs attention at least once a week.:P Went exploring to an area that I hadn't visited in a while, and my first cast hit the water at about 5.45 am.I caught my first bass not long after on a Jackall,and ended up catching another dozen fish.Biggest bass went 48 to fork, and the average length would have been around 35cm.All fish were either caught on a Jackall TN60, or 30gram slugs. I left the fish on the chew as I had to go at 7.15 am.

Some pics

[img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/b1-6008f27456559fc92c867b794e800451.jpg

Post edited by: fishtales, at: 2007/08/16 13:25

Post edited by: fishtales, at: 2007/08/16 13:28

post-363-1445984246_thumb.jpg

post-363-144598424603_thumb.jpg

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i like the second pic, i just wasn;t brave enough to take a pic when the bass's still in the water. i was always like a kid struggling to pull the fish out of the water asap when a bass;s on

LOL.

I wasn't worried about losing the bass.It actually did happen this morning while trying to set up another bass for a water shot, and it threw the hooks.

I'd only be peeved if I lost the Jackall. :P

Mate - i jump on here if you don't mind, we didn't get enough action to warrent a new thread.

Loz and I did a dawn trip 19/8/7. I was a little late so we got to the fishy spot about 6.45. It was hard work , cold and overcast but we got a couple.

Here's the biggest bass (and the only bass)for the morning. [img size=488]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/z-62e9b852ca0985db07d3170ca6126091.JPG

post-118-144598424758_thumb.jpg

jimmybob wrote:

whatnow wrote:
with the bait what is it called? cause yesterday when i caught my first bass ever at np it spat up a big one of them

a boney bream mate....

brian- tell us the story behind the seagull!:laugh: :laugh:

Well

Lozz was on to a mother of a fish, though it was a huge yellow until it tail slapped the surface, lungy for sure, then dived again.

Meter after metre of drag was stripped from his spool:woohoo: yahoo please stop before he gets spooled - let him catch something. then it came to the surface again and the gull swooped. Poor Loz:P

Truth is the gull got tangled in the free line diving for a halco.:woohoo: :laugh: But it's a good story.

Brian D wrote:

jimmybob wrote:
whatnow wrote:
with the bait what is it called? cause yesterday when i caught my first bass ever at np it spat up a big one of them

a boney bream mate....

brian- tell us the story behind the seagull!:laugh: :laugh:

Well

Lozz was on to a mother of a fish, though it was a huge yellow until it tail slapped the surface, lungy for sure, then dived again.

Meter after metre of drag was stripped from his spool:woohoo: yahoo please stop before he gets spooled - let him catch something. then it came to the surface again and the gull swooped. Poor Loz:P

Truth is the gull got tangled in the free line diving for a halco.:woohoo: :laugh: But it's a good story.

Top story Brian, even had me going there for a second. :lol:

At least it pulled some drag on my new outfit.

Was going to keep it but not enough to feed both of us. :sick:

Thanks for the morning session Brian will do it again. It was fun.

Archived