Booked in for Boat Licence

shamus

I did mine through Archies about a year ago and like OD says it may be passed off as useless at the time but it will be needed. the most useful information gained was also like OD states but put differently and that is Port to port into port. This is really useful when navigating through some of our waterays where sand banks can cause lots of grief. They are a good mob to go through and some of the other participants were also good for a chat.

LOL... getting off the post slightly, but isnt it funny how people remember all this stuff.

I used to teach a small boats course and part of the course was navigation obviously. Every student I had always walked away muttering 'whats he on about when he says you left the red port upstream' and 'red right down'? Then I got them on the water and the penny drops....

Got my licence 7 months ago in NSW different mob though. I went onto the web site and did a few of the practice tests before I went.

One thing that got me thinking was the \"duty of care\" factor, you as captain of the boat take on alot of responsibility. If something goes wrong it comes back to you. Still love getting the tinny out, fishing & just being on the water.

Oh mate you're in for a good time, Archie is a nut:blink:

I got my licence from him about 4 months ago, He is very helpful and informative.

I garentee you'll look at him at least a couple of times and think \"IS THIS GUY FOR REAL\"

A little story for you....

I bought my first ever boat on a saturday, put it in the water for the first time on the Sunday. All went well till I got back to the boat ramp where it was kaos. People pushing in etc etc.

I was about to get into a very heated argument with a guy who pushed in when a guy came along on a jetski, offerd me a tow around the other boat to my car waiting at the ramp with trailer in the water. The jetski guy was a great help... Ended up being Archie, I met him the following weekend when going for the licence.

He is a mechanic by trade and invents cool things to do with boating,

Mate please let me know how you went.

oh and I bet they keep mentioning that they do Jetski licences.;)

Good luck

Archived