Lake Monduran 21/8/07

Feral

Dropped in for a look and a fish earlier in the week.

Checked out the various ramps and facilities.

The camp grounds (below the wall) look good, the cabins look excellent, (anyone wanting to suck up to wives, this is the location!). They have 4 cabins overlooking the lake.

cabinsAFO.jpg

The dirt ramp near the camping area is well - dry.

rampnearcampinggroundAFO.jpg

There are two ramps accessible a couple of k's before the camping area, one dirt, the other concrete. The dirt one looks good, good angle, nice and firm, lots of room. Not a lot of room to park, but you can do the big walk from the parking lot above.

dirtrampfromdistanceAFO.jpg

dirtrampAFO.jpg

The Concrete one, well its in oh my god territory. Single lane, twice as steep as Awoonga, twice as long, bugger all parking (well only got parking because the dam is low)

In this photo you can see the ramp from a distance.

concreterampfromdistanceAFO.jpg

You cant actually see the ramp, as it is cut in a bit, but it does follow the general shape of the land in the photo, a steep bit, and a real steep bit!

This is the top bit, looking from about half way down the ramp.

toppartoframpAFO.jpg

This is looking from the bottom to about where the photo above was taken, you cant see the rest of the ramp because of the change of angle

bottompartoframpAFO.jpg

That car in that photo is the same one you can see in the distance photo!

This photo shows the dam wall, a bit low.

damwallAFO.jpg

Although I spent last night in Gin Gin and the rain was torrential, so hopefully the dam got a bit of a top up!

oh yeah almost forgot - look whats in the distance :drool:

droolAFO.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/24 13:54

Details here, sit down first.

/>http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/qld/bundaburg/burnett/accommodation/caravan/lake-monduran-holiday/charts/20676

Room at the Gin Gin Motel is only $75! A bit old, but clean enough. Which is where I might camp. (25k's away from lake)

Archived