New boat test run!

Ash

Well, i finally got some time to take out the new boat and see how she goes.

Already posted the fishing side of things, so i'll just skip that bit.

Got her on the water and SHE DIDNT SINK! Part 1 of test: Tick!:laugh:

I then, went to start her up, made sure she was in gear, all fuel lines in and punped with fuel, pulled the cord....nothing. AH HA! i thiught, the choke, use the choke! Choke out, try again.....nothing. All the sudden im thinking nasty dark thoughts. I know it runs, i tested that before buying, and before i took her home. So im thinking through all options, drifting faster and faster on outgoing tide. Then i remember to check the safety kill switch:blush:

Ok, so now we are off. I played her gentle at first, just to get the feel. Very smooth pick up, jumps to the plain very easily and quickly. After about 10 minutes i opened her up. Man, let me tell you, there was a slight difference between my wooden bondarra with her 6hp, and my new tinny with a 20hp! Felt like i was flying! Very smooth at top speed, and with the hydro foil turns great. Hit a bit of chop near the indro bridge, and she smashed through it.

All in all very happy:lol:

Next planned trip, is to the mouth of brissy for jewie and squire, and maybe mud if weather permits!

Archived