Pirtek Fishing Comp 2013

Dubbzy

Enter the challenge via the website and be sure to read the terms and conditions.

2.After you have registered you will receive in the mail a limited edition Fishing Challenge cap and Fishing Challenge brag mat.

3.The list of target species will be available via the website www.pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au at 1200 hours AEDT on Saturday, 2 March, 2013.

4.On Saturday, 23 March 2013 (after 6.00 pm) you will be sent via email a repeat list of the target species plus your angler number. You can also log on to the website to download this information.

5.Fishing will commence at 6.00 am and finish at 6.00 pm on Sunday, 24 March 2013.

6.All lines must be out of the water at 6.00 pm on Sunday, 24 March 2013.

• 1 month later...

I'm keen for this - been hoping to fish it for the last couple of years but things have stopped me. So from what I can gather the 3 species for Qld are definitely barra, flatties and whiting?

Is Jumpinpin as good a place as any to target big flatties this time of year? If so, near the Pin bar or in the channels?

Yeah me too Mark, was a bit worried I'd left it too late cause I only got off my butt and registered on Sat morning. LOVE the hat!!!! Can see me getting PLENTY of use/wear out of it.

My brother and I are going to hit the Pin bar area. At this stage we are heading down Sat arvo cause the high tides (about 6/7 o'clock Sat arvo and Sun morning) look appealing, hopefully for a jewie as bycatch!!! Still have to look things up a bit but from memory (camped there once) we can just pitch a tent at the Bedrooms and pay the ranger if he comes past? Anyone know?

Good luck to everyone and say g'day if you venture out near the Pin bar - we are in a 14ft white tinny with a white 30hp Johnno.

Yeah me too Mark, was a bit worried I'd left it too late cause I only got off my butt and registered on Sat morning. LOVE the hat!!!! Can see me getting PLENTY of use/wear out of it.

My brother and I are going to hit the Pin bar area. At this stage we are heading down Sat arvo cause the high tides (about 6/7 o'clock Sat arvo and Sun morning) look appealing, hopefully for a jewie as bycatch!!! Still have to look things up a bit but from memory (camped there once) we can just pitch a tent at the Bedrooms and pay the ranger if he comes past? Anyone know?

Good luck to everyone and say g'day if you venture out near the Pin bar - we are in a 14ft white tinny with a white 30hp Johnno.

Hey kel don't forget to log into your email and get your fishing number sayurday night and good luck mate I will be there sunday with the misses and girls.

Cheers Dassa - yeah was going to get the missus to get online and text it to me. Have decided to camp now - brother has to play footy at 3pm so would mess up my sunset session having to go get him from the ramp. Instead got permission from she who must be obeyed to fish the Sunday sunset session so going to be a VERY big day!!!!

See you out there mate.

Archived