Sign in to follow this  
ellicat

If A Jack Spits The Bait.....

That is so bloody awesome...almost caused movement in my pants...and no I am not talking about your reflection in the tank either you fella's. Such an awesome fish..such a powerhouse. Love it when he smashed it head first. Jacks have gotta be my favourite fish of em all.

Thanks for posting

Yeah that's what they do. Boy do the red boys hit fast though. Even small fish will keep swallowing and grabbing their smaller tankmate in an effort to fit too large a prey into their gobs. Sick setup shortie, I am pretty envious, it looks good. Cheers for the vid elli

Really are an amazing pet

I never tire of watching him feed

Some people say fish aren't smart

Notice in the video he leaves the barco then hit him head first

Then doesn't have to deal with barcoo flaired gills

I was surprised to learn that feeding with live vertebrates was still legal in Australia, it's only a matter of time. Had an interesting conversation with a pet shop worker about how Barra's and other predatory fish need live food to help them preserve their natural behaviour... in a tank, with bait fish dropped in a confined impossible to escape environment, just like in the wild :whistle:

Also I took this photo of a native honey bee gathering pollen from my currant grapes.

[attachment=60123]SANY0145.JPG[/attachment]

Cool vid. Those barcoo grunter must be tough little buggers!!!!

Think we need another slanging match on BFO (yeah, yeah, I know it's AFO now but I still call it BFO, bit like Lang Park ....) cause Brian clearly has too much time on his hands, given the photo ......... :ohmy: