Another Marlin for the Boat

crazywalrus

We head out today with quite a few boats from AFO. Jumped the bar in the dark and hit up the Dollies first thing. Managed a couple of Baby Dollies and several rat kings before it shut down. We decided to try our hand at cubing them this time. This was going well until a ignorant person came and drove his noisy 2 stroke all of the mark. I can not understand why people do not sit back and see what the first other person at the spot I would see what they are doing and fit in and do the same thing.

After that we trolled Sevens for nothing than head down the Pt. All in all it was a tough day with the Marlin being very quiet. A comp was on today and only two boats out of 20 got Marlin and they where caught around the shelf.

We worked the Rock, the beach and different depths. fished the first tide change and trolled and trolled and trolled. We decided to head deeper to try and find fish. As we where heading over Lance noticed a free jumping marlin so we started a drift in the general area and we where immediately on. this fish was a beauty. Jarryd jumps on the Rod and has a good battle to the boat. Lance bills it and it shakes its head and crushes lances hand against the boat. The fish is loose again. 4 goes and Lance has it on the boat. Anyway gratz Jarryd on your first Marlin. Our figures today where 2-1-1.

post-7418-144598910921_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598910936_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598910947_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598910957_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598910969_thumb.jpg

On the way back to the Bar we noticed some birds and bust ups. We deployed the slugs and landed a couple of Yellowfin Tuna. Jarryd hooks up on Lances combo with 6lb leader an epic battle insues only to be lost at the death. While this is happening Ryan and I and thinking it is going to be dark soon and we really want to get over the bar.

Congrats Jarryd.

Nice to see you got one in the end.

Do I see the results of a new camera ?

Cheers for the invite Ted, had a lot of fun mate, and seeing such a great fish boated was pretty cool. Those yellow fin are hectic, and I will make sure I have a non-bung wrist for the next session lol. As it was, I put the rod down after landing my first one....OUCH!!! Great fight though.

Yes Brian, that is a new camera of mine. I'm still trying to work out all the ins-and-outs of it, but gradually getting there lol.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Thanks all, Was an amazing day on the water with a great bunch of blokes.

Cheers ted for offering the spot and taking me out, not to mention driving the boat all day, even when some of us were sleeping :blush:

Cheers Lance for working so hard on the spread leading to hooking the fish

And last, Cheers Ryan for providing plenty of laughs for the day

It was a day that ill definitely never forget.

Here's some more pics

post-10420-144598910987_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598910999_thumb.jpg

post-10420-14459891101_thumb.jpg

Well done everyone!

Good work Ted once again for getting so many people out there!

Good work Lance for sharing your knowledge!

Good work Jarryd on the fish!

How big were the YFT? Love those little bullets.

Angus

Only small yellowfin Angus but I seen a few jumping that were at least 10kg or more.

I hooked one good one.the water erupted when he took the slug but I didn't really have any hope on 3kg and he busted me off.

Thanks Ted,Jarryd and Ryan for the great company for the day.

Congrats Jarryd on your first billy mate.I was getting a bit concerned it may not happen yesterday but eventually after a lot of perseverance and looking around we eventually found you one.

Shame we couldn't get one for Ryan as well but we will get ya one mate.I reckon next time if we tow some of your green fish around as live baits we will get you a ripper. :P:P:P

Thanks guys for another ripper day.

Now I have 3 hours of watching a blank video to see if anything came up to our lure spread that we didn't see.Thanks Manni for the lend of your go pro mate.That setup with the trollpro was awesome yesterday and so easy to use.

Now I have 3 hours of watching a blank video to see if anything came up to our lure spread that we didn't see.Thanks Manni for the lend of your go pro mate.That setup with the trollpro was awesome yesterday and so easy to use.

No probs mate, hopefully some fish graced the camera :)

PS need to grab the go pro before the long weekend but will give you a buzz to sort something out ;)

Well done guys, very nice indeed.

Tried to get you on the radio but out of reach on channel 21, I could here you guys,

We got a call from someone we did not know that may have been you. We did reply. I would have thought we would have had enough height on the areal to reach the coast.

Thanks Crew for coming out. I ws not sure about having the 4th on board but the boat performed a lot better with the extra weight in it. Just need to ensure it is not all down at the nose. What a big day on the water left 3.15am and got back to the ramp at 7.20pm

A big thanks needs to go out to Lance again. "Super Decky" Your experience with blacks is simply inspiring. thanks mate. There are a few people that owe you a beer now. :woohoo:

Once again it was the new colour range from Pakula that did the job. The Blue Crystal got all the strikes. Not sure if it is the blue or the UV but it has been the only one hit in the spread since I started using it.

post-7418-144598911499_thumb.jpg

Nice Fish there guy's ;) Good to see you used the VHF Ted :ohmy:

Geez Stu thanks for rubbing it in with this comment mate "it was good to get out there on a really calm day on the water". Don't worry i have given myself several uppercuts for pulling out thinking the weather was going to be ordinary.

cheers tim :)

Ps boys if you could get your lures past the pesty tuna and bonito there was a little suprise under them.

Lets just say we had to stop fishing for them coz we didnt have any more place in the esky :whistle:

Shane

Pics or it didn't happen lol

Dom...the Billy's were under the little Bonnies as we were heading in at the bar.

It looked wicked on the sounder with the big arches in with the Bonito.

Ps boys if you could get your lures past the pesty tuna and bonito there was a little suprise under them.

Lets just say we had to stop fishing for them coz we didnt have any more place in the esky :whistle:

Shane

You know it happened lol

What a day. Cheers for coming out.

Id post piks but i dropped my fone in water at the ramp.

Trying to get everything back hopefully when i get it fixed

Shane

You know it happened lol

What a day. Cheers for coming out.

Id post piks but i dropped my fone in water at the ramp.

Trying to get everything back hopefully when i get it fixed

Well done on another marlin guys.

Thanks for an awesome day out Shane and really nice to meet you Mo.

Archived