NPD 20/9/07

rayke1938

Went to Macgavins view this morning and only managed 3 bass smallest around 20 and biggest about 33. I didnt bother measuring them. All caught on shrimp. Met Kevin Chen and Dan and his mate who will ( I hope ) do their own report. I think I learnt a bit off Kevin watching him in action as I tend to belong to the chuck it out and wind it back school.

Kevin certainly demonstrated that a bit of finesse works.

Ray.

He's an impressive fisherman alright that Kevin. My mate and I didn't get a touch but Kevin got 3 bass all about 39cm to the fork. Two on slugs and one on an ecogear jackle type lure. He showed me what I'm doing wrong now though and I've seen how it should be done. For starters I desperately need to be using braid and I need to stock up on some more slugs.

Anyway well done kev and here's a pic of one of your bass. Ray thanks for the dead shrimp. All we got on it though was a turtle.

P.s. After NPD we cast our arms off at cabbage tree and shorncliffe jetty but got nothing. Am probably going to go have another go at NPD sunday morning. This time I'm going to catch a bass I swear. [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bass-a041b39ce25706bc8f7556bdc12842c9.jpg

post-1402-144598426982_thumb.jpg

the rod i've broken used to be a two piece and my friend broke the rod in the first guide of the second piece. so i spend a brief 10 mins in the morning using some band to fix the problem. end up with a 5' spinning rod for baitcaster.

i lifted the 3rd bass with the rod and the rod was seriously cracked. then a few casts later....something expected happened.

not bad feeling breaking a rod simply with a casting though, ha

Aaron H wrote:

Dan,

Try that pipeline I told u about when I met u out there, There is always bass feeding around there.

I've tried that spot twice now but haven't had any luck. Haven't really tried slugs there yet though. If I fail to get one around McGavins I'll try there again.

Archived