NPD This time I will catch a Dam/n Bass!

Dan23

I'm gonna get one this time I swear.

Plan on hitting this spot again. There's some nice steep drop offs and I saw Kevin catch fish there last week. I reckon I can do it this time. Anyone else heading out come say gday to us and give me some pointers while you're at it :cheer: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mcgavins-e217ff1ecb1a0d48f8cc3e05c95e7b5f.jpg

post-1402-144598427081_thumb.jpg

the pipeline is right out on that point that stretches out towards McGavins.

STU, I need to stock up on spinnerbaits. I only have one! Also I have a few G Vibes but they're 11gm and don't cast far plus sink too slowly. I bought six of the exact slugs I saw Kevin catch them on last week and they will cast really far so that's my plan of action. I'm just gonna cast my arm off. I am fairly sure my problem is not using braid. In deep water I haven't been getting enough action in the lure because of the stretch in my line. I'm going to go wind some super braid onto my reel now.

Cheers for the advice.

P.s. I'm too poor to risk throwing $20 Jackles out. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :lol:

The spinners I've seen are 10-15 bucks depending on brand.

Kokoda G vibes are a cheaper imitation of a jackal bibless crank bait. I got two for $10 the other day but they retail for $6-7. Pretty good lure for the price. The ones I've bought have a nice action and dig into the bottom nicely. They come in 11 and 18gm. Look for the 18gm cause my 11gm ones don't cast far enough. Apparently gold is a good colour in them.

kokoda also make a sprog which is a good little sx40 imitation.

They do dive but not very deep. Google Kokoda sprog and Ecogear SX40 to see what I mean. Apparently with those sort of lure you twitch them to get them to dive a bit then let them slowly rise. bream smash them when they blop up on the surface. Well that's what i read in an article by bushy or Sarlo. Never had any success with them myself.

Archived