My MBC 2013

billp

I big congrats goes out to first and second place getters, you guys deserved it.

I was lucky enough to snag a third place for my efforts, and did not expect it at all, thought the boats fishing further afield then my yak would clean up.

I went into the weekend with a plan to fish certain areas for certain fish. Started at Wello Saturday lunch time to fish an hour either side of the high, this is where I picked up my squid and snap. Sunday morning I snuck out to Coochie to fish the sand banks for Flatties and bream and was lucky enough to get one of each. The flatty also managed to get me the lucky species prize, this was a big shock, who new a 46cm flatty would win.

All up I was pretty lucky I think since I only spent 5 hours total on the water but hopefully this is a lesson newbies can learn. Fish bite the best at certain times of tides and days, discover the mystery and you will catch more fish.

Plastics did the damage for me this weekend as always.

Looking forward to future comps, as this one was very well run considering it is more just a social thing. A big thanks to Angus and Johny, and all the sponsers who were very generous for there time and products.

post-7367-144598976197_thumb.jpg

post-7367-144598976203_thumb.jpg

post-7367-144598976206_thumb.jpg

post-7367-14459897621_thumb.jpg

Actually I did not even think of that (you being in a yak)...

That makes the effort even cooler and will hopefully inspire even more yakkers next time.

Maybe we could have a separate yak category considering it is a tad more difficult for yakkers to get into the really big pelagics... Anyway these are things to be discussed later and subject to sponsor support...

Angus

More of a case these were the only times I could hit the water. Choirs and a 1 year old take care of the rest of my fishing time lately.

Like any new Dad, it's amazing what you are willing to give up to spend quality time. Can't wait for another 5 years or so when he can come with me.

Archived