bli bli aussie fishing park

MichaelJ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kev mate wheres the finesse?!

For lures there, you really need to fish light because the Barra see lures every day. They've smartened up a good bit. You need to fish light leaders with a small bit tippet(thanks troy) with smallish suspending lures. You need to fish them slow aswell. This is the advice that I always get from the owners as I have only got 3 barra on lures there.I was using 2lb braid - 6lb leader and sx40's back during my sx craze days.

Yeah Kev thats not the right place. 20lb fluro is still really heavy ! I'd hate to know what you call heavy if thats light. try around 6lb leader :)

Btw, while using pellets I was using 3lb leader with about 10cm of 10lb bite tippet and didn't lose one fish on it. You just have to be patient dude

kevin youll get heaps on 6lb and under and in big boys pond i just leave a rod out with 15lb line white bait for bait last march i loast 2 big ones and landed 1 big one other 2 spat hook and in creek i floated white bait down right at end of day smashed every time

so what is the website called?

spinnig:unsure:

casting:woohoo:

ha ha

i have just sold all my spinning outfits and spend all my spare money on a recent purchase.

i might get a spinning outfit when i finish all my purchase of high-end casting rods and reels.;) but that will simply take ages.:blink:

i love using baitcasters for the extra leverage and.... to be like a proB)

donno why, i always have more or less twist on my line when using spinning gear and i can never predict or control when they'll happen and how serious they can be.

as well, i rub the skin of my hand and sometimes hurt my hand when holding the rod too tight and pressure the reel against my fingers too tight.

no luck for me with spinning reels.

but i will give good reels and rods a try before i finally give up.

hey guys im heading up to bli bli this sunday with mates i havent been there before but a guy from bcf told me to stay away from hbs and try live bait and plastics the 3inch smelt minnow and 5inch jerk baits what do you guys think?? also im taking two rods there ones a 2-4kg with a 2500 reel and 6lb braid with 6lb leader will this be strong enough the other combo is a baitcaster with 30lb braid and a 6-10kg stick am i on the right track

cheers

Archived