bli bli aussie fishing park

MichaelJ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only just started using baitcasters, mainly for bait fishing for bass -cant work out the casting, about as accurate as a long range weather forecast, but I love pressing the button to drop the bait to the bottom!.

But I had heard once you mastered the casting, it would cast further than any other reel?

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

line twist....er.....simply cannot figure out why

Usually from taking the line sideways off the spool, or the spool is upside down when you are taking line from it (I always take line with the spool flat, so the spool spins clockwise as line strips from it.

not worth starting new thread

we first went to boatramp to get some bait got 3 poddy mullet and 5 whiting or so lol

then we went into park and as soon as we chucked out some pellets for burley barra came up straight away then me and my firen set up rods with livebait(but didnt ever get anything on livebait)the barra kept coming up and taking every pellet except ours and even though it was overcast they were really really active there after about an hour i pulled in the first fish a tarwine 37cm and back it goes then kept trying around there but got nothing so we moved to another spot in park after a while we finally got a barra not me though about 55cm the back to fishing after release same guy out of the three of us caught another one then and back it goes after that i lost 2 from line snapping i had bad leader on though then my other friend loses 1 then i lose another and thats it

and through out the whole day other people were catching a lot more than us about 20 barra were landing throughout the day id say and most the ones were caught by people who had no clue what to do

Archived