2014 Summer Classic (Noosa): Where To Stay?

Angus

Hey guys,

Just throwing this up as it deserves its own non convoluted section of the forum...

Q&A has been thrown around here and Facebook re where everyone is staying...

The scout ground is a really good option.

Cheap

Close to HQ

Close to ramp.

Below is all the relevant information (Thanks Gad):

info re sea scouts camp grounds

noosaseascouts.com.au/camp%20ground%20info.html

•36 bed bunkhouse: 1 x 20 bunks, 1 x 8 bunks, 2 x 4 bunks, fans, screened.

•Stainless steel kitchen with 2 x microwaves, large gas cooktop, toasters, 2 x 500L refrigerator, 1 x 200L freezer

•Dining room with servery window

•Outdoor kitchen sink with hot water

•The main den provides floor space for 24 mattresses. Refrigerator, freezer, toaster, jug, gas burner and BBQ available on request.

•Hot showers x 12

•A shower and toilet facility for the disabled

•Gas BBQs

•Camp fire circle suitable for camp cooking and sing-a-longs. (Bring your own fire wood)

•Camp ground is fully grassed and dotted with shady trees and surrounded by a low log barrier. A safe zone for kids to play.

•The grounds are fully fenced.

•There is an onsite Camp manager.

•TV, chalk board, white board, and projector screen is available in the den.

•Laundromat, shopping centre, post office, hospital, medical centres, video hire, McDonalds, Red Rooster, take aways, restaurants, clubs and service stations are all within a five minute drive.

•The local bus service runs close by.The services go to Hastings St., The Eumundi Markets, Hinterland, Cooroy & Nambour Railway and The Plaza at Maroochydore.

Camp ground enquiries and bookings by email:bookings@noosaseascouts.com.au

Booking will need to be made by individuals.

Please feel free to discuss pros, cons, if you are staying here etc.

Angus

As I am comptemplating camping up at Noosa, Thurs to Sunday of the Summer Classic gathering,I sent an email off to the managers of the Noosa Seascouts camp grounds enquiring what facilities they had for individual campers to utilise ( as in ,not a group booking) eg: camp kitchen type facility- availability of a power point etc.

The reply was: availability of basic b-b-ques and anything else required to bring yourself.

EDIT... re-read email and added an 's' to b-b-que

Something doesn't sound quite right :unsure:
??

as in my email reply.......?

I would say access to their ( all in one) bunk house & kitchen facility would be for large group bookings for other scout groups, schools, clubs etc who book the whole set up and cleaning etc of those facilities falls on the groups as a whole, where bonds etc come into play.

Showers/toilets facilities would be a separate self contained block for all, I guess??

I would say so, Angus.

They did not say to bring a shovel and toilet paper, :pinch: so I`m confident they have toilets/ showers for us to use. :) A large tarp or two with a fold up chair should give the esky a homely feel.

Will come down to what individuals want/need?

• 2 weeks later...

i am definatley camping at scouts and so is motley crew and poss richard and mate. just setting up tent and shade, esky for snacks and drinks, can use toilet ect there and resturants/takeaways are just down the road and pub is next to davo's for awesome counter meals for 10 dollars. another option is we all get together and have a chinese banquet just down from davo's on the fri/sat night? any questions drop me a post ezy

Archived