Flattie Social 2014 - Sunday Sept 21st - Gold Coast.

Bri The Pom

Getting asked a few questions now we are only a few days away, so here are the main details.

We shall meet at the spit boat ramp on the broadwater, There are two ramps here,launch your boat and meet up on the beach in between the two ramps at 6.00am on sunday 21st September. I will hang around if anyone is running late so don't panic. The entry is 10 bucks and a raffle ticket is 5 bucks each. All the money will be paid back to the winning three anglers with the longest flathead caught. This is photo on a brag mate only along with your ID number which will be given to you at 6am..We will then meet back at the beach for a bbq and drink(free of charge) at 12.30.Report your catches to me whilst enjoying a chat and a feed. The raffle tickets will be drawn and you get to pick a prize from all the kind donations, we keep pulling tickets until all the prizes are gone. Then the winners of the social are announced and all should be finished by 1 pm. Any further questions feel free to ask. Also if you have something that maybe suitable for the prize table that is of no use to you,feel free to bring it along.

Thanks all Bri.

Well, it's over for another year and the wind was the winner, but a good turn out 25 in total. A few fish caught 61cm being the longest caught by Mark, Dave and Jamie coming 2nd and 3rd. Jamie also scored the Spotters sunnies in the raffle, so he had a good day.

I would like to thank again the following people for the help and kind donations.

Kelvin & Nick for helping on the day.

Spotters Australia

Rob Searing Tackle

Lance ReelTackle

Bill Billfish Productions

Rob THREADYBUSTER Lures

Shane Shads Lures

Tim Infish-lures

Hopefully every one had a sociable morning and went away with a prize or two.

Thank you from me and hopefully see you all next year.

Brian.

post-662-144599072234_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599072246_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599072256_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599072265_thumb.jpg

Great job once again Bri, great amount of prizes (even people who can't fish like me - I scored a donut ..... - walked away with two or three raffle prizes). Thanks to all of the sponsors who help Bri out each year - I'm looking forward to wetting my Damiki soft plastics and my new pink ThreadyBuster lure.

I am a bit bummed as our donation did not make it in time due to me not signing the security sign off.

Doh.

Bri should get them today.

At least there is kitty already for next time.

Glad it was a successful event.

Angus

Very big thank-you goes out to bri, nic, and kalvin for all their efforts in hosting this weekends activities

Big congrats goes out to the winners

Extreamly big thank-you to all the sponsors of the comp, i enjoy coming to the events for the social side of it, the fact you are all so generous with the prizes you donated is very gratefully accepted and look forward to getting a few more flatties on the lures i picked up in the raffle, made for an extra enjoyable weekend thank-you again ezy

Massive thanks to Bri and Co for putting the event on again.

Mine and my crew's outing was difficult at best. I only boated a single legal fish for the day, but the guys that were fishing with me were newbies to plastics, and I did manage to put them on to a couple fish which was great to see.

Another big thanks to all of the sponsors. Without you this comp wouldn't be what it is.

Tight lines all.

Great job once again Bri, great amount of prizes (even people who can't fish like me - I scored a donut ..... - walked away with two or three raffle prizes). Thanks to all of the sponsors who help Bri out each year - I'm looking forward to wetting my Damiki soft plastics and my new pink ThreadyBuster lure.

I am a bit bummed as our donation did not make it in time due to me not signing the security sign off.

Doh.

Angus

Angus, received those blades mate and thank you, mate if you don't mind one of the members on here had fuel issues so went early and did'nt receive anything on the day, will grab his addy and post in the morning.

Cheers

Bri.

Doh.

Angus

Angus, received those blades mate and thank you, mate if you don't mind one of the members on here had fuel issues so went early and did'nt receive anything on the day, will grab his addy and post in the morning.

Cheers

Bri.

Perfect.

I will have at least he same to contribute or more next time :)

Turned out a good weekend down on the broadwater even though the wind was up I still enjoyed myself staying down there overnight on the Saturday so we could get up not as early as if we were back in Brissy. I would also like to thank all the sponsors and Bri Nick and Kelvin for the work they did and a big thanks for Lance from Reeltackle as I picked up 1 of his prises he donated being a Needle to deflate fish that have baratrauma they are a great tool for offshore fisherman. Here are a couple of shots I dug up off the camera

At camp

post-4390-144599072961_thumb.jpg

Looking very relaxed

post-4390-144599072967_thumb.jpg

The Motley Crew

post-4390-144599072972_thumb.jpg

Archived