Flattie Social 2014 - Sunday Sept 21st - Gold Coast.

Bri The Pom

Hi Guys, Just to inform you all that for the third year now we will be organising a flathead social to be held on the gold coast broadwater. Sunday september 21st is the date.

This is a social event to get people together who generally communicate via a computer or phone. We fish for flathead only and the longest flattie wins(photo only). This time of year there are plenty of quality flatties around and can be caught from offshore boats to yaks. $10 entry to fish and $5 for a raffle ticket, all the money gets divided on a percentage to the top 3 or 4 anglers.You will be issued with a number to display on your photo.

Raffle tickets are $5 each and you can buy as many as you want, I beg and plead with fishing companies to donate just a small prize to the raffle table and the generousity is amazing, we have prizes from Spotters, Damiki, Reeltackle,Dougie Burts, Threadybuster. Everyone comes away with at least a prize.

If you know someone that would donate to the raffle table, please pass this on.

We will meet at the boat ramp out towards the spit, on Seaworld drive at 6am, we meet back at the ramp at 12.30pm, there we have a free sausage sizzle and a cold drink, whilst we do the prizes and raffle.

This is a fun event, so there are no serious rules apart from treat the fish properly and due to the amount of money at stake make sure your photo of the fish on a brag mat is clear.

Any questions just ask via post or pm, or I have a facebook page for the event.

Many thanks and hopefully see you guys there.

Brian & Kelvin.

www.facebook.com/pages/Flathead-Social-Sept-2014-Gold-Coast/279966242189870?ref=hl

www.facebook.com/brian.b.holden

post-662-14459906181_thumb.jpg

post-662-144599061821_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping to be a starter for this one. Have not been to the previous comps but remember reading about them and wishing that I had been there. I've liked the facebook page and put it in my calender, just hope that work and other commitments allow me to join the fun.

Rod

Looks good Bri. I am free that weekend - May have to put a crew together for this one.

Nice one Ted, ask Lance he loves his flattie fishing but can't seem to get a legal one. B) Don't bring those boys of yours they'll clean up and put us all to shame.

See you there bud.

Ditto on that one Bri - I don't want to be humiliated! Ted - have you heard from Dassa recently? Would be good if he could make it again as I haven't seen him since last years.

Bri I just sent you a PM about something mate.

Geez you do a great job gathering quality prizes Bri, well done mate!

You would,nt believe the amount of begging letters i have sent, If they all donate it will be amazing.

Ill work on something for the prize table as well.

Angus

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Bri,

I'm still keen to attend this one. Just found out that we have plans in the arvo so I may need to leave before the presentation and raffle draw. Will that be OK or do I need to be there to be eligible ? (I'm more hopeful of winning the raffle than the comp prizes :) )

You really need to be there, as the numbers are drawn from a hat and you come up to the table and select a prize, maybe a mate could collect on your behalf. Hope that helps and hope to see you there.

Really looking forward to this (as usual!) Bri - will good to catch up with some old (sorry Ted ....) faces and meet some new ones. For those that haven't attended and are considering it but not sure, it is a VERY relaxed event and a great way to meet fellow members and put faces to names (and the background scenery is alright too ......).

Hi guys long time reader first time posting.

I'm keen to enter and will be there on sunday.

Just wanted no know if it is lure only or is bait/livies allowed.

Hi mate, Firstly welcome to the forum, The social on sunday has very little rules as far as how and where you fish, you can use whatever method you choose. The comp is photo only, so we only need to see a photo of the fish on a measuring device.

I will be putting up the main points in the morning.

Cheers

Bri.

Archived