Winter Camp Official Thread: 8-9th August

Angus

post-63-144599107941_thumb.jpeg

Well by popular demand dates have been set and concept sorted.

Winter Camp this year will be held on the 8 to the 9th of August. Feel free to book days either side.

Camp Lake Fire Website: http://www.camplakefire.com.au/

Bookings will a bit different this year and each participant will be responsible for making their own bookings etc. I apologize for this in advance but I am extremely time poor this year juggling a variety of hats and this in the best if not only way I could make it happen.

Steve and team at Camp Lake Fire are reserving the entire paddock to the right on the entrance driveway exclusively for us. This will give us the chance to spread out camping areas while retaining some sort of central social area, and have a bank to ourselves for boats. He will also be moving a couple of port a loos down the hill for us.

The concept will be similar to usual. Fish all day Saturday with some token prizes for length based captures. I will work on some prizes before the date.

Prizes:

1st: $100 Searing Tackle Pack

2nd: $100 Lure Pack

3rd: $50 Lure Pack.

A reminder this will be self catered and on that note would everyone be keen on a Saturday Night Feast!

Basic idea would be everyone contributes something to a raucously indulgent feast (picture feasting in the halls of Valhalla) to be basically shared.

Essentially bring your specialty... If can bake it, brew it, BBQ it, smoke it etc... Bring it along for the worlds best share table. Collaborative efforts welcome :)

Sunday do what you want and have a great weekend :)

Let me know your thoughts.

I will keep a list of attendees in this post but this will be fairly rough as I will not be taking bookings personally. Maybe just let me know when you have actually booked so we know the list is fairly accurate.

Also when you book make sure you let them know you are with the AFO crew :)

Cheers guys.

Angus

Attendees:

Angus Gorrie

Excellent, I've been reserving replies until there was a date set as we're busy all of June into July, and then the last week of August. So with this in mind, I think you can count me in. I've only ever been to one AFO event and look forward to a face to face chat.

For someone who hasn't been to Camp Lakefire, just a couple of question? Does it have it's own boatramp or do we use the SEQwater one, then drive across the Lake? I'm guessing we then can moor out boats on the bank, and drive our cars back to Camp Lakefire? So if we say we're with AFO they'll then give us a campsite near our boats?

Angus, I was chatting to Ezy last night. We're both happy to lead a spit fire roast for the night. I'll chat to him again soon and once we get finally numbers, we can put out a list of what we'll need and get folks to raise their hands to bring what.

This is all dependant on Lance saving a deckie spot for me of course. :)

I can't wait already! Sick.

Prob bring my rib machine for some smoky goodness Saturday night...... Hope there's no asthmatics going.

I hope to see Ant, Benno, Ellicat, Newy and Kreel there this year all at once.

Will

Be

Epic

Thought I was clear for this one. My wife tells me today that my father in law will be with us and also my cousins will be visiting and staying with us as well.

I'll have to bow out and do the family thing. :(

Was looking forward to it and so were the kids.

Missing the big feat Saturday night is downer.

Enjoy yourselves.

Thought I was clear for this one. My wife tells me today that my father in law will be with us and also my cousins will be visiting and staying with us as well.

I'll have to bow out and do the family thing. :(

Was looking forward to it and so were the kids.

Missing the big feat Saturday night is downer.

Enjoy yourselves.

Tell them you popping out to get some milk and bread, return the next day :whistle:

I can't wait already! Sick.

Prob bring my rib machine for some smoky goodness Saturday night...... Hope there's no asthmatics going.

I hope to see Ant, Benno, Ellicat, Newy and Kreel there this year all at once.

Will

Be

Epic

will be there cant wait to catch up

Angus, I was chatting to Ezy last night. We're both happy to lead a spit fire roast for the night. I'll chat to him again soon and once we get finally numbers, we can put out a list of what we'll need and get folks to raise their hands to bring what.

This is all dependant on Lance saving a deckie spot for me of course. :)

Sounds awesome man.

Keep as posted as I will happily provide meat or whatever towards this.

Cheers.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

PRFMA is holding a tagging weekend in august on unknown date hope its not the same weekend as its the only chance that we get to fish all pf lake sampsonvale and it will be a hard call to decide. Hopefully should know next week.

Does anyone know if the new amenities block at camp lakefire have been built or are greenbottle constructions still in charge.

Cheers

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet.

Good to give Steve some business at the moment I think. Apparently SEQ Water has capped the number of people that can camp there at once which will grossly effect his revenue moving forward and I guess put a stop to events such as the blue fin comp.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Guys interest begets interest.

I have via text and Facebook etc from people who are going but post it here!

I will be there and I know Rob Searing will be as well.

Rob has kindly offered to award a prize worth $100 to the largest bass for the Saturday to gee up a bit of friendly competition.

With this in mind we will call entries at 6:00pm and make the awards around the fire at about 8:00pm.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

Angus

Archived