Can you camp at Hinze Dam?

Ryannnnnnnn

Caravan park at Mudgeeraba has been described s the worst van park in Australia there is another one at Advancetown.which is much better probably around 8ks from the western arm ramp.

The rangers quickly pounce on people illegally camping on the foreshores of the dam.

Opening times are 5.30am in summer months. SEQ water set the times for your safety so why flaunt?

Please be aware that you also need a permit issued by the local stocking assn to fish from the bank as well as from watercraft.

Cheers

Ray

11 hours ago, Ryannnnnnnn said:

Hi,

I have seen YouTube fishing videos of hinze dam with people camping there. I was under the impression that you can't camp there though?

Is there a way to start kayak fishing before the 6am gate open time?

Cheers

Yep, get there at 5:30, that is when they actually open the gates and let you on :)

SEQ water have moved summer opening times to 5:30am.

the car parks at both ramps are ok and the police usually drop in for a look on the way past. i have had a couple of notes on my windscreen saying thanks for locking car and having no valuables in sight.

The area near where the temporary ramp was is a high risk area. Road is popular with hoons with stolen cars and not a unusual sight to see a burnt out car beside the road. The worst problem is if you come back to your car and its been done over there is no mobile reception to call for help.

Cheers

Ray

bocCapture.JPG

boccc.JPG

Archived