Good fishing spots Hinze dam

Ryannnnnnnn

Hi,

Have been to Hinze Dam 3 times kayak fishing with divers, poppers, cicadas, vibes and spinner baits with quality gear. Have got absolutely nothing. I've watched so many videos to learn how to use the lures properly. Have been arriving there as it opens at dawn around the western boat ramp. 

Still nothing and I have no idea what's going wrong. Not even a bite. I cast accurately against the bank and snags and take all pointers and tips from others on technique. I'm being super quiet when paddling.

I have fished all around the western boat ramp Including ians island and its surroundings. Can someone let me know any good spots around Hinze Dam at the moment? 

hinze_map.jpg

Hey mate, i fish there regulatory at least once a week with lures and it can be the land of a thousand casts quite often and donuts are common. You will have more success on live bait but i find lures to be more rewarding myself. Hit the trees and shady pockets early and late with surface lures spinnerbaits etc and the main thing is to keep persisting and be confident, if you start loosing confidence your catch rate will decline. As for spots the fish move around all the time so there isn't usually gonna be a spot that fires all the time. Keep paddling and casting until you find em! Tighten that drag too, you will no all about it when you hook one over 45 in the timber :)

Good luck, Glenn.

Archived