Monduran 2008

rayke1938

Looking for expressions of interest for a trip to Monduran 2008 instead of Awoonga.

I have sent an email to the caravan park enquiring about the availanility of one of theor 3 bedroom houses for one of the following periods.

1.sat 8th november to mon 16 inclusive. full moon wed 12th.

2 sat 22 nov till mon 1/12. new moon thurs 27th.

3 sat 25th october till mon 3/11 new moon mon 27th.

I could not find any fishing comps listed for any of the above periods but they probably havent been listed yet.

www.lakem.com.au/lake-monduran-accommodation-info.php

tells all about the place.

The 3 bedroom house is $960 per week plus $160 for extra days for 6 people plus $10 per person per night for extras.

Reckon we would need at least 6 people to make it viable so have a think about it. Graham Pflaum and myself would be definates.

Cheers

Ray

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id have to express some intrest in this one ray it looks very cool and nice and close travelling times is monduran ok for power boats or is it leckie only and can people camp in the yard at the house as id probably come with the trouble and strife and minnie me so camping could suit especially with shower and toilet id be happy to pay what ever to cover cost obviosly just the little one would see it as an adventure that way and the wife has a shower everyones happy

Just got an email back and both cabins and houses are booked out for october and november.

Gday Ray, unfortunately the dates that you have asked for are all booked out. We do have a houseboat that may interest you, it sleeps 10 people and is $ 360.00 per night.

Robert & Kelly Howell

Do we look at awoonga again/ or take houseboat or tent it or try for february,march, or april for a cabin

cheers

Ray

Have just paid deposit on house from Saturday 22 Novenber till Monday 1/12/08.

The new moon is on Thursday 27 so it will be dark

fishing at night but the water should be warm and the barra really fireing up.

They had a cancellation and as i was first on their standby list I grabbed it whilst it was still there.

Being over 2 weekends it should accomodate anyone who just wished to come up fir a weekend.

I have a new lure bag already.

Cheers

Ray

• 1 month later...

I have only paod deposit at this stage and the reciept doesnt stipulate when they want ballance. i will contact them closer to the date.

With lures halco crazy deeps, and hyper vipers are always reliable standbys.

Slick rigs in soft plastics have also been going well.Have a look at some of the posts for more recommendations and keep a few bucks to spend at Foxies to get whatever they say is hot at the time.

Cheers

R ay

Gezz Ray that's a bargin. Thanks mate.

What you say about Foxies is so true. Great local tackle store, I will not be buying anything until I get there. For the new to Barra fishing bloke diving floaters are a pretty good bet. X Rap 120 floater is great.

Why the floaters - so you can back off when you hit a snag. The fish are in the timbers when the basin shuts down. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PA290117_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598437203_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update

What we have so far.

Ray k Boat

Graham P

Andrew ( And Alex?)Silver bullet

Ferg

Lee yak

Faulked and Sandy and child In double bedroom Boat?

Brian Dawson cruisecraft, cannonball and yak.

Ash Barra rat.

Ashes mate on a blow up bed.

Any more may have to be camp stretchers.

Cheers

Ray

Archived