Kmart 25% off tomorrow to sunday

goldnugget

Hi guys...first post....love the site, loads of really informative info (and a little crap for good measure:woohoo: ). Just a note that my darling missus has banned me from Kmart :S , so I check the website and sure enough they have 25% OFF FISHING, CAMPING, and probably some other stuff no one buys :whistle:. BTW, if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it. Hope to contribute a bit to the site in the near future...but being new to the scene, I'll most likely spend hours going through the old posts.

Jason

Mate being your first post i might move to \"Introduce Yourself\".

Anyway long story short, welcome aboard!

Glad you like the info, and the crap :P

Look forward to hearing your reports.

Make sure you check the upcoming Brisbane River Classic.

Its going to be a blast.

Angus

Thanks for that...theres so many threads and headings, categories. It's gonna take me ages to go through. After I posted the thread I found the tackle section that I could have put it under. Just wanted to let everyone know about the 4 day sale. Save some for me but, I wont be able to get there until later (fancy having a pre-natel appointment booked during a fishing sale.....If it was the other way around there would have been hell to pay:blink:, but 60 minutes would have paid heaps for the story:laugh:) .

Cheers Jason

Thanks for that...theres so many threads and headings, categories. It's gonna take me ages to go through. After I posted the thread I found the tackle section that I could have put it under. Just wanted to let everyone know about the 4 day sale. Save some for me but, I wont be able to get there until later (fancy having a pre-natel appointment booked during a fishing sale.....If it was the other way around there would have been hell to pay:blink:, but 60 minutes would have paid heaps for the story:laugh:) .

Cheers Jason

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

they r not as balanced as the high-end models and that;s why they go sideways when trolled quickly.

dan, get some G-vibs as well. i got all my fish on them today. ha

I don't troll them, I cast and retrieve. They do ok but make you work harder which is fine. I already have about 4Gvibes. Caught 2 flatties on my white one the other day. Bigger was 50cm. They are great flattie lures. I don't catch bass on anything.

Went to Kmart this arvo. Not to much good stuff there but I got a bit of line, a few hooks and a lure. I was trying to remember what sort what sort of Halco lures i had heard worked but i couldnt so i brought this little fella, anyone ever used these. Its a halco 'trembler'

DSC07881.jpg

Joel ;)

Cowfish13 wrote:

Did you reply in the wrong thread?:D I never pay attention to what the pack says. It is a Halco GT Trembler isn't it?

Ha yes i replied in the wrong thread. I thought it was wierd that my post just disspaeard. I thought i pressed the wrong button.

But no there is no \"gt\" in the name

Joel ;)

Thanks for the welcome fellas, glad a few people have already been down and taken care of a little shopping.

I myself didnt have much pay left after paying bills, so I picked up one of their 'surecast' castnets that everyone has been warning others off:S . Sort of going with the theme of 'throw a man a fish and he feeds for the day, teach him to fish and wont go hungry. I hate the idea of forking out for bait and the missus saying 'is that all you got for your money'. Oh well, got lots of bait (potentially) now. Slowly but surely getting set up for a week up at Noosa before the holiday rush in December, still got a few little bits to fix on the boat and trailer before heading up. All in good time I guess.

Cheers Jason

goldnugget wrote:

Sort of going with the theme of 'throw a man a fish and he feeds for the day, teach him to fish and wont go hungry.

....teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and dink p!ss all day!

I actually got my castnet out the other day and put all the knowledge I learnt from the castnet training day into practise in the backyard. And yea well, if all the fish are lined up nose to tail and swimming away from me I will clean up everytime. I cant get it to spread in a circle, so its back in its bucket for another 6 months.

Feral wrote:

Picked myself up a nice shimano 6-10kilo rod, and a spool of cheap 25lb nylon (to go on spare spool for leaving livies out overnight at Kooka, not risking my 50lb spiderwire!)

Is that the shimano GT 7' general purpose rod? I was looking at that as well and am really tempted to go back for it before the sale ends. :)

boon wrote:

Feral wrote:
Picked myself up a nice shimano 6-10kilo rod, and a spool of cheap 25lb nylon (to go on spare spool for leaving livies out overnight at Kooka, not risking my 50lb spiderwire!)

Is that the shimano GT 7' general purpose rod? I was looking at that as well and am really tempted to go back for it before the sale ends. :)

The one I got was the Shimano GTS 762SB

Rated 6 - 10kilo, 7'6\" Snapper Barra on the tag, so I figure thats what the s and B stand for in the number!

Joel that means it will dive somewhere between the surface and 2 metres! THe Spool I got was 300m of Mustad 25lb at 0.37mm, not sure what price was after discount, about $12? I was looking to get Platypus, but all they had left was classic, and it was considerably thicker (0.40mm) than the mustad, for a lower breaking strain (20lb).

bootyinblue wrote:

goldnugget wrote:
Sort of going with the theme of 'throw a man a fish and he feeds for the day, teach him to fish and wont go hungry.

....teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and dink p!ss all day!

I actually got my castnet out the other day and put all the knowledge I learnt from the castnet training day into practise in the backyard. And yea well, if all the fish are lined up nose to tail and swimming away from me I will clean up everytime. I cant get it to spread in a circle, so its back in its bucket for another 6 months.

booty are you throwing off the sholder or out of your hands if its out of your hands balance the 3 piles of net better make sure the clump in each hand and thats hanging are very even now if you stand like mary poppins and spin around on the spot the leading edge the bit thats hanging down should start to spread and open out once you get that feeling convert it in to a twist of the hips and straightenig of the right srm to lead the net out to where you want it to go hope fully that should get it spreading for you after that chase children around the park netting them for practice just dont net large ones as they can put extra speed holes in the net for you:side:

Dont forget that camping gear is also 25% off as well. To save embaressment I always scan the products myself to make sure they are 'on sale'. Yesterday we checked out eskies, some were on sale and some were not. One, a single coleman 55 litre wasnt on sale but a 44 litre 5 piece pack was:S .

Sorry that was 'willow' eskies, not coleman.

Just a word of caution when you go to k-mart......

I went down there today to check out the nets, I've been checking the prices of the 10' ones and waiting for a sale. Previously they scanned at about 70+ dollars, I can't remember the exact amount. Today when I grabbed one to scan, the original price came out as 80+ dollars and with a 25 % discount works out to about 60+ dollars. Basically I think what k-mart is doing is marking up the 'before' price during the sale and giving you a '25%' discount, but the discount is definitely not 25%

Luckily for me the price labels from before the sale ($75.99) were still there and I showed it to the cashier and asked politely for an explanation. She said it was an old tag, but after speaking to the superior, I got the net for 60 dollars, so that works out to be about a 22% discount, close enough especially since they were going to charge me 65+ for it.

Obviously this may just be an isolated case, but I've seen this happen a couple of times already, Just be wary that you might not be getting such a good deal after all. :S

Archived