shortie

Ok guys as you know this trip didnt happen, but im definatelly giving it a try tomorrow morning. Slight change of plans though, we will hit Moogerah Dam instead of Maroon. Only about 10 minutes apart. Then we will not have to contend with the Skiers.

Picking Kevin up at 4am. Should be on the water by 5:30.

As before all welcome. There is another seat in the boat available if anyone wants to fill it.

Richard.

0418 420 213.

Kevin these dams are pretty shallow at the moment as you can appreciate. Howerever i know reasonable reliably where the old creek runs through the middle. I have sounded it many times before. Trolling a jackal along the old creek bed has not failed to produce yet. Have lost a couple of jackals here to fish i have been unable to stop. Also got eels up to 6 foot long in here as well.

shortie wrote:

Have lost a couple of jackals here to fish i have been unable to stop. Also got eels up to 6 foot long in here as well.

:woohoo: i love big big fish...i always have confidence to reel in anything caught in FW (here in brisbane, not NT)

:blush: i have lost all my ecogears, no VIB left in my tackle box except the two g-vibes.

The water was low, so shortie chose not to risk launching and we were really prepared for walking banks so Shortie and Kev turned around and went home ( after making sure a sheepish username_taken was able to get to a petrol station without running out of fuel ).

I was gonna go back down to the dam, but figured that if there was nobody around I might have trouble loading the yak back on top of the car so I headed back to colleges and trolled around in there for a while. Had no interest in my lures, but I saw a guy catch a tilapia on a prawn from the bank.

Archived