Out There Fishing Charter 18th November 2007

Angus

I have heard it's better to take a charter outtta Tweed heads as it is way closer to the 24's ,36's etc

and just a thought maybe we could organise getting there Sat For a fish in the river and stay overnight like the Noosa trip :woohoo:

Some time in the new year ;)

Gaz

I vote No if we can get a refund

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt we will get a refund without going to Dept of Fair Trading, Wine and Tourisum and even then I think a refund would be hard work.

Unless there has been more compliants from other parties the offer of a discounted charter will be seen as fair compensation and an attempt to right the wrongs, especially if it's a 1st offence.

We may end up with nothing.

He the skipper, had the right not to take us out at all but he half tried to do the right thing. Can you imajine how we would have felt if on the day the skipper said \"sorry can't go\".

I also agree with Shortie about messing with business lives and customers. I don't need any more bad karma thanks.

Rocket75 wrote:

shortie wrote:
...With regards to gear, take you own then there is no problems....

True Shortie, but quite a few people who were on the charter do not have suitable gear and are reliant on the stuff provided. It doesn't need to be hi-tech state of the art, but it does need to be servicable and suitable.

Use of the charter operators' gear is (in part) what you are paying for in the charter fee, and therefor should be adequate in the least.

We are happy to go with the majority vote when it comes down to it regarding refund v 1/2 price 2nd chance.

Mr and Mrs Rocket

If gear is a problem for anyone ive got at least 3 more TLD 20/25 setups for people to use.

Thanks Shortie and Jason, The offer of lending gear is much appreciated and it may come to that if we do end up going with the same mob again.

When (and if) we go again, and as we get closer to the date, we better sort out who \"has\" (Faulked's \"tackle addicts\":lol: ), and who needs to borrow.

Rocket

Fishingkid and myself are easy as to an outcome. I always look forward to any opportunity to get out on the water. The day did cost considerably more than just the $125 as there was our fuel and we also paid to stay down the gold coast for the night. If a half price trip was offered I would look at bringing our own gear.

faulked wrote:

i dont think ive been on a charter yet where the gear provided was what i would call well maintained they allways end up with under filled alveys

I've been on three charters and they were pretty good. But two of them were a while ago so I may not be remembering properly:S

But the third one was a charter in Vanuatu about 2 years ago and although the boat wasn't a luxery vessel by a long way (6m Glass boat, about 1.3m wide with a 25hp 2-stroke merc:laugh:), every reel and rod was maintained perfectly. Lots of line and perfect drag. They obviously didn't treat their boat that well (ie. They left it at the front of their village banging against rocks:lol:), but every rod and reel was in perfect condition.

But \"Out there\" sounds really bad:S

if its out of the tweed you could try downunder charters - my dad and uncle knows the skipper peter - nice guy - i havent been before be he's offered my uncle half price trips - the start around the $100 mark per person (dicsounts for groups are avail) and from what i have heard are pretty good - oh and peter used to be a commerical fisherman so he knows where the fish should be

Ok.

Now i have to be very careful what i say for fear of pissing people off.

You guys know my feeling on this subject from other posts. Now that Maritime safety and possibly other governing bodies are becoming involved i want nothing to do with it.

The skipper has given a reasonable and fair solution to the problem and any other action should cease.

If push comes to shove i am willing tell any of these bodies that i believe we were offered a reasonable solution.

Count me out on anything from here on in. I dont even care if i dont get another half price charter or any money back.

The guy has apologised and been reasonable. That good enough for me.

Shortie

Grahme P

Trevor J

i have to go along with you shortie to stuff a mans buisness over one bad day if we went again and it was no better id demand rifles at dawn but a one off attempt that might have been a whole series of stuff ups is probably a little harsh give him a chance first then nail him to the wall if the same shit happens but if hes a raging piss head putting peoples lives at risk different story i hope this makes sense

G'day all

I don't want to see this guy hung, drawn and quartered either...but he needs a good kick up the butt

lets face it, he f*&^%^D up big time..on several counts.

He was happy to take our hard earned money..and offered nothing in the way of compensation *on the day* for all the shortcuts etc.

A full refund *or* a free charter is a very small price to pay, and he knows it...but he has offered a token gesture.

It was totally unprofessional.

Think about the divers that went missing up north due to a simple stuffup.

In his business it has to be 100% safety every time or nothing, you dont get many second chances 30 ks out at sea.

I'll go along with the majority on this, but don't want no half price ticket. I'd give it away.

cheers

Joe

bootyinblue wrote:

For those on the trip who have given me their email addresses...... You got mail!

Also, a little poll for those who were on the trip.

Q) Would you be interested in another full day trip for $62 per person?

Just a yes or no is cool, and please only those on the trip need to reply.

I think that sounds pretty good. Albeit i was not there so dont string me up for saying so!

The simple fact is, these charters that fish the same reefs day in day out along with other charters are very hit and miss and always will be. Especially in SEQLD.

It is after all fishing. Would anyone take a friend fishing and \"Gauruntee\" a fantastic haul everytime?

I would personally accept the half price trip and hope that in an effort to make up you would get a special breakfast, the required deckie, and maybe a trip to a few of the skippers \"Special\" spots :P

Just my two cents.

Angus

The amount of times that I have taken my own boat to one of my so called productive spots and failed on the day to catch anything is numerous. I also think it is a reasonable atttempt at redemption and I also beleive it will be the only thing offered. It also won't be the last charter i go on that I catch nothing because it certainly wasn't the first. I will take the opportunity for a half price charter once a day is set.

Guys, just spent the last hour of work time reading this thread. The first thread I have read since coming back from my 10 day holiday in KL and man am I disappointed to be hearing this.

I'm sure after the Noosa charter trip we all woulda thought this one would have been at the very least just as good at the Noosa Trip.

But to hear all this stuff about the charter being as bad as it was and not having enough drinking water. Thats insane. I would be fully going forward with either a free charter to redeem himself or full steam ahead shutting him down. Thats a joke that he could attempt to run a business like that and think he can get away with it, without trying to fully make up for his mistakes. Was he even definitely sober enough to drive the boat?

And for those security guards.... jeez. Lucky my mates and I weren't there. We're not all big (nor the violent type) but we certainly don't stand for ridiculous stunts like that. Good man Lee for standing up to the low-life security guard. I hope there was minimal damage to ya. Shoulda punched him back in the ovaries.

Brian, good luck with the car and the Wharf managers/company. Hopefully they are reasonable with agreeing to fix your car.

Sux that all this kerfuffle happened to a great bunch of blokes/gals. Hopefully the next organised trip bears no resemblance to this one.

• 5 months later...

Archived