Femme Fatale Is Dead

Danielle

I was thinking that looks alright, maybe make a good live bait bucket - until I saw the price tag, doesn't look THAT good!

I bought my daughter a pink Ugly stick a few years back, top rod. Nicer than the Fem Fatale I bought her. 

If you go for a higher end rod Danielle, go down a size in weight. Graphite rods are much stiffer than the same size rated fibreglass or composite (which the ugly sticks are) rods. Also much more prone to breakage!

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping my catch fresh!

Yes I would like to go for a 2-4kg and have used an Ugly Stixk black pearl combo but took it back because It was too awkward and resting it into my hip the distance to the reel and top padding was too far... But that was only that particular model.

As for the material I am very keen on a graphite this time having used both @benno573 and @Luvit gear and they are far more suitable for me - BUT I am not the most precious little flower and would need to remember to be so careful!  Wayne can you tell me what that rod was when we went Kayaking 'that day which came crumbling down'? Also Ben same question... The one I used on your boat...

3 minutes ago, Angus said:

I can do you a Nordic Stage favorite roughly 2-4kg for $50. Not many left but staying at that price till gone.

SOLD BOSS! If you can tear yourself away from Gourmet Guzzling 2017 I can collect Monday or whenever works!

Wait... Is that a combo or just rod? If a rod - which I feel it may be - recommendations on reel

That is rather long Steve thanks for the heads up! The Femme was 6' 2" I believe... And I stand at a whopping 163cm haha. Honestly I'm mainly landbased so will probably try and get another 2nd hand possibly for the yak because you're right that's probably too lengthy whilst paddling...

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Not trying to spoil the sale, but just wondering if this is the right choice for @Danielle if you are intending to use it mostly from a kayak. I picked one up from @Angus at the Christmas function. At $50 it is a fantastic buy, but it is 7 foot 3 inches. I have never fished from a yak, but can you comfortably manage that length?

I was prob thinking the 6.6 foot option.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:19 PM, Danielle said:

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping my catch fresh!

Yes I would like to go for a 2-4kg and have used an Ugly Stixk black pearl combo but took it back because It was too awkward and resting it into my hip the distance to the reel and top padding was too far... But that was only that particular model.

As for the material I am very keen on a graphite this time having used both @benno573 and @Luvit gear and they are far more suitable for me - BUT I am not the most precious little flower and would need to remember to be so careful!  Wayne can you tell me what that rod was when we went Kayaking 'that day which came crumbling down'? Also Ben same question... The one I used on your boat...

I think the rod you used was a Shimano Nexave 2-4kg

On 21/01/2017 at 10:08 AM, Danielle said:

Mine was a 4-6kg and happy to just try something new!! @hooklineandsinker & @benno573 love to give it a try and then if it's not the one for me I can return it. 

Also just came across this product for Kayakkers (just adding link here rather than starting new post)

http://hiconsumption.com/2017/01/creekkooler-portable-kayak-cooler/

Sorry only just saw this. Mine is a 1pc road. It's a blank diawa rod. 

Archived