natang

Hey lads,

Just been given a contract for remainder of the year at Childers for Edqld. So I know it is 45mins to Bunderberg, 45mins to Burrum Heads, 45mins to Maryborough and 45mins to Hervey Bay. 

Does anyone have any previous experience in these areas?? I am gonna be working Monday - Thursday with long weekends every weekend. I am will be commuting back to Ipswich every fortnight weekend to see my kids from a separated marriage. But also trying to go fishing as much as I can.. Obviously Fraser Island is accessible being 45mins from Barge at Hervey Bay..... But the rest I have no idea about...

17 hours ago, natang said:

Hey lads,

Just been given a contract for remainder of the year at Childers for Edqld. So I know it is 45mins to Bunderberg, 45mins to Burrum Heads, 45mins to Maryborough and 45mins to Hervey Bay. 

Does anyone have any previous experience in these areas?? I am gonna be working Monday - Thursday with long weekends every weekend. I am will be commuting back to Ipswich every fortnight weekend to see my kids from a separated marriage. But also trying to go fishing as much as I can.. Obviously Fraser Island is accessible being 45mins from Barge at Hervey Bay..... But the rest I have no idea about...

Did you sell your boat? Mate Harvey bay is pretty good if you have one. Lots of options. A mate just got back from Roonies where they caught a stack of fish on plastics and micro jigs. 

On 13/04/2019 at 4:54 PM, straddiebrad said:

where is rooneys mate dont know witch boat iam taking yet might take the big one if not the bluefin

It is the north western courner of Fraser. There is a huge drop off very close to the beach. It holds lots of baits. Its a great spot to micro jig, soft plastic and live bait fish. I have attached a map and drawn a bit in red. There is often a pressure wave that can be productive. 

Rooney's.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2019 at 1:20 PM, straddiebrad said:

i will be up for the burrumheads easter classic i hope to catch a few and chat to the locals up there so will let you know

Brad how did you go in the Burrum Classic? I was out at woodgate on the weekend doing some reccing and found some nice little spots plus up the beach at Kinkuna looks good too! 

7 hours ago, natang said:

Brad how did you go in the Burrum Classic? I was out at woodgate on the weekend doing some reccing and found some nice little spots plus up the beach at Kinkuna looks good too! 

i didnt do too good got some nice crabs near the boat ramp in howard in the burrum river,some locals got some good whitting in gregory crk i think its callednear the southern end of woodgate north past the ramp at walkers point