Caught My First Bream On Fly This Morning

James1974

thanks Lads for the replies. Appreciate it! Yeah been on a high all day. Cant wait to go again. For anyone interested used a 200  dollar 8wt combo. and bms estuary fly. Lime green one.  8 size hook. Hamish, when you get into it  the bug will  bite hard. im hooked. I love casting as frustrating as at times i find it so relaxing.  Cheers again!! 

Awesome stuff James. Bream are not an easy target on fly so kudos to you mate.

"Gratuitous plug" .  If you want to improve your casting you would be most welcome to come to our club as we have many excellent casting instructors. https://www.facebook.com/BrisbaneFFC/

In fact our first meeting for the year is tonight at 6:30pm at the Wilston-Grange AFL club in Stafford.

There is also a club down the Gold Coast if that's closer, SEQ FlyFishers. Also a really great bunch of guys.

Keep at it mate, it's the only "proper" way to fish 🙂

Guys, thanks for all the encouragement!!   Nog,  probably a fluke scoring the bream. Beginner luck.    thank you for the info on Brissy  Ffc  and gold coast  also.  . Im on Dad duties this week so cant make it over tonight. But id love too in future would be great talking with some great talking with some great fly fisherman. I just hope im not  ingraining too many bad habits.      But cheers for your info and encouragement.