Nrl 2020

ellicat

6 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I know I’m bloody hopeless but I can’t even remember where I go to put my tips etc in and if I need a password etc. lol

Okay. Forget all that. Found the app (already installed and on the front screen of my iPad) lol. Also that I’d already picked my tips for the first round (double lol) so I’ve decided to stick with them. The only thing I’m not sure of now is if I’m in our particular comp, or just the main one. Any way of checking.
yours faithfully

hopeless

Just now, GregOug said:

Okay. Forget all that. Found the app (already installed and on the front screen of my iPad) lol. Also that I’d already picked my tips for the first round (double lol) so I’ve decided to stick with them. The only thing I’m not sure of now is if I’m in our particular comp, or just the main one. Any way of checking.
yours faithfully

hopeless

Hi GregOug

The only thing I'd be worried about is to see if you win the bet LOL 😉 

(Sorry, I am no use in this tipping competition so maybe I should just shut up altogether as well LOL)

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

24 minutes ago, GregOug said:

yours faithfully

hopeless

You're in the AFO comp; I can see you there.

On PC up the top there's the 3 horizontal lines. Click on that and then click on Comps. You should see AFO NRL 2020.

(You might have to adapt that for your iPad, but I can't help there :( )

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

You're in the AFO comp; I can see you there.

On PC up the top there's the 3 horizontal lines. Click on that and then click on Comps. You should see AFO NRL 2020.

(You might have to adapt that for your iPad, but I can't help there 😞 )

Thanks ellicat. I can now see that I’m in the AFO comp. I presume you only tip once and those tips are used for the main comp as well as any sub comps you are in. Can’t see any way to tip more than once.

cheers

Greg

17 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Thanks ellicat. I can now see that I’m in the AFO comp. I presume you only tip once and those tips are used for the main comp as well as any sub comps you are in. Can’t see any way to tip more than once.

cheers

Greg

Yeah, you tip once and that plays across all comps you're in. :)

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

I note that @GregOug and I are the only diehard Qld fans in the tipping comp.  who else would tip last year’s cellar dwellers to beat lat year’s grand finalists.  

that`s a broad brush to use, Steve. That`s on par with saying 'diehard Qlder`s' should vote One Nation because the red head is from Qld 😶 😄 
my pain in the rear this morning is from my pondering over the Bronco v Cowboy game, over ruling my heartful hope and going with recent history tipping the Cowboys...…. such is tipping 😬 

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Yep. I made a late change to the Cows too...

Early days yet but the reffing has been pretty good so far. Let's hope the more egotistical refs that are yet to officiate don't let the side down... 🤔

Yep, me too Brian 🙂 Still happy my team won though 🙂 

Agree on the reffing, fingers crossed.   Loved the call by the commentary team on the decision regarding Michael Morgan's captains challenge - now he wants to challenge the challenge result ......... 🙂 

NRL 2020: ROUND ONE

Knights 20 v 0 Warriors

My game comment: 17 players well and truly mentally shot, just prior to kick off

“Cameron briefed the group after we spoke about the game,” Kearney said. “They’re a little bit vacant because again, we don’t know what’s going to happen, where they’re going so I’m sure once the commission finish the meeting and get hold of Cameron, we’ll make some plans. But it’s a pretty tough situation for the group to handle.

“If we have to stay here and prepare for round two against Canberra wherever that may be, that’s what we’ve got to do. It’s another challenge that we’ll have to endure and work our way through. It’s unusual and something that hasn’t happened before so I’m not sure how we navigate our way through it just yet but I’m pretty sure we’ll find a way.”

Of the performance, Kearney said his side “got beat up a bit today”.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2020-newcastle-knights-defeat-new-zealand-warriors-200/news-story/ee6a7209d3151e660adac4255ab828bb

Rabbitohs 22 v 18 Sharks

hard fought first 20 and last 20 minutes…. neither team wanted to take command of the middle 40 minutes.

Panthers 20 v 14 Roosters
Good game.. could be the game of the round.
with that result many Black Cat faithful`s will now be booking Grand Final accommodation packages  for October

Talk of the round so far: Port Macquarie school girls, COVID 19

2020 NRL TIPPING COMPS RD 1 

Sea Eagles 4 v 18 Storm

Since Cameron Smith debuted as Storm hooker in 2003, he and the Storm have not lost an NRL round 1 game….
Definitely the game of the round. Wet slippery track, overcast moist first half had both forward packs grinding hard for dominance, neither gave the opposition any respite in attack or defence. Only points in the first half came from 3 penalty kicks. Manly 4 – 2 at the 40 minute mark. That was the score line for the first 20 minutes of 2
nd half with the Storm`s kicking game coming into play forcing Manly into frequent goal line drop outs, at around the 60 minute mark the Storm posted the first try of the match and follow up with 2 more trys. 3 Trys, (2 converted) and a penalty goal gave them the 18 – 4 win

Dragons 14 v 24 Tigers

Good hard fought game. Dragons led 12 – 8 at the 40 minute mark, and the Tiggers were well into this game.
nd half was fought for hard, Dragons had many opportunities to claim this game but muffed them and the Tiggers in the final minute made the score line 24 – 14

I was never a Josh Reynolds fan when he was a Doggie, now I`m finding him an amusing, niggling balloon buster now he`s at the Tiggers LOL 

Roll on round 2……………..

NRL 2020: ROUND TWO - MARCH 19-22

NOTE: Times listed are eskimo (AEDT) times not (real) Qlder time, so check your local QLD TV guides

Bulldogs v Cowboys @ ANZ Stadium, Thursday, March 19, 8:05pm

Dragons v Panthers @ Jubilee Stadium, Friday, March 20, 6pm

Broncos v Rabbitohs @ Suncorp Stadium, Friday, March 20, 8:05pm

Warriors v Raiders @ Eden Park, Saturday, March 21, 3pm

Roosters v Sea Eagles @ Central Coast Stadium, March 21, 5:30pm

Sharks v Storm @ Jubilee Stadium, March 21, 7:35pm

Tigers v Knights @ Leichhardt Oval, Sunday March 22, 4:05pm

Titans v Eels @ Cbus Super Stadium, March 22, 6:15pm

GOOD LUCK...……...

NRL 2020: ROUND TWO - results

Bulldogs 16 v 24 Cowboys

Cowboys mustered the Dogs in the first half, the Doggies 2 second half tries were too little, too late….

Dragons 28 v 32 Panthers

Black Cats 12 – 0 at 16th minute. Dragons 16 – 12 at 40th minute. Dragons 28 – 18 at 65th minute. Black Cats 32 – 28 Full Time.
Dragon`s 2020 start 0 - 2.. apparently, McGregor`s contract renewal last year was a fill in until Bennett arrives back at St.George for the 2022 season……

Broncos 22 v 18 Rabbitohs
The full time score doesn`t reflect the dominance the Broncos had over the Bunnies for most of the game. Kotoni Staggs got his first hat trick of tries in the NRL
The Bunnies forwards were mostly dominated by the young Broncos, their hooker and halves were kept fairly quiet, two of their tries came directly from mistakes by a fairly disciplined Bronco side.

Geez, that Dragons v Panthers game would have been good to watch - very see-sawing battle. Good win by the Broncos, I was a bit worried at half time particularly given Croft had gone off but they stuck to their game well. Contained Cook well, Staggs was all class and I was very impressed with Steglers footwork. Good start to the season 🙂 

9 hours ago, Gad said:

Bulldogs 16 v 24 Cowboys

Cowboys mustered the Dogs in the first half, the Doggies 2 second half tries were too little, too late….

Hi Gad

That is the game I watched last night (well Thursday) and it was a good one. I thought the Cowboys had them from the start, and they did, but then the Bulldogs got those tries. 🙂 Good game to watch in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Geez, that Dragons v Panthers game would have been good to watch - very see-sawing battle. Good win by the Broncos, I was a bit worried at half time particularly given Croft had gone off but they stuck to their game well. Contained Cook well, Staggs was all class and I was very impressed with Steglers footwork. Good start to the season 🙂 

Hi kmcrosby78

Yes, I would've like to watch that but I missed it. Good that the broncos won though.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

ROUND TWO – Saturday results

Warriors 6  v  20 Raiders

This game won`t be nominated for  ‘game of the season’.
Credit to the Warriors for staying in OZ and turning up for the game. Raiders defence held them scoreless for about 75 minutes. Raiders 6- 0 half time.

Roosters 8  v  9 Sea Eagles

Tough fought out game, quality was often missing. 6 – 6 at 40 minutes.
Keary actually went over the line for what would have been a try, instead of placing the ball down he tried to improve position and a chasing Trbojevic knocked the ball from Keary`s hand. A pot shot broke an 8 – 8 score line to give Manly the 9 – 8 win

Sharks 10  v  12 Storm

Typical grind out the win Storm game. Storm were just off their normal standard in the first half, but defied an undisciplined Shark`s onslaught where the Sharks had the majority of possession and field position. 4- 2 Sharks at 40 minutes.
Smith levelled the scores around the 50th minute 4 – 4.
At 60th minute Sharks got the first try of the match and converted it to a 10 – 4 lead.
70th minute Storm came back with a converted try. 10 – 10.
75th minute, Sharks gave away a penalty for ball stripping, Smith slotted the kick Storm. 12 – 10.
Storm ground out the last 5 minutes the win.

18 minutes ago, Gad said:

Keary actually went over the line for what would have been a try, instead of placing the ball down he tried to improve position and a chasing Trbojevic knocked the ball from Keary`s hand.

I couldn't believe Keary made such a rookie error. Cost me a tip and 17 Supercoach points !

8 hours ago, Gad said:

ROUND TWO – Sunday results

Tigers 24  v 42 Knights

Titans 6  v  46 Eels

I did not see or hear either games… so I`ll assume the Tiggers gave out a bit of a purr and the Titans…. yeah well

I saw both games.  The Tigers looked like they were playing with a cake of soap instead of a ball and the Titans..... yeah well. I think they will be happy when the season gets called off. I did notice, @Gad that you joined me in sacrificing a point this week to tip them?

12 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

I did notice, @Gad that you joined me in sacrificing a point this week to tip them?

I have never been able to figure the Titans as a whole out. Early on they bought 'on the way down' NSW based players who were looking for pre-retirement contracts or third+ chances because other clubs wouldn`t touch them and most came up for the Coast life style.
Then they started getting some experienced senior Qlders who wanted to come back home and wanted to carry on their careers, and and other quality players during that period 6 or so years ago"
The Titans playing and club culture changed and it was only through 2-3 seasons of horrendous injury tolls that held back the results they should have been rewarded with. Then followed the DCE farce and they off loaded some talent and up and coming potential to accommodate him.... Ash Taylor`s inexperience and development potential was shot to pieces along with the newly built culture.

They still have a lot of potential running out on the paddock each week, but for some reason the development of that team potential is not happening.... 

Is it a NSW club culture philosophy being applied to a Qld based situation ?????

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

No time for LOSERS, cause I am the CHAMPION, of the world (two week season footy tipping comp .........) 🤣 

Fingers crossed something of the season can be salvaged, along with ORIGIN!!!!!  Going to be some very bored people from Thursday to Sunday .... 😞 Might have to fish more - if we're allowed .......

Well if they cancel the whole season you will be hard to beat 🤣