Yak Fishing For Snaps Off Wynnum Advice Please 🙏

Leosonfire

Hi all so never fished the Wynnum side I live smack bang in the middle of Wynnum and Redcliffe but have been to Redcliffe on the last two trips. Keen to explore the other side and some advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Im in my little yak which handles north reef ok what would be some snap holding spots I could reach in the yak around Wynnum manly?

@Drop Bear is the mayor of Wynnum and would probably have a better idea with me. He is also organising to re-establish heavily depleted oyster/shellfish reefs in Moreton Bay which will in the future produce great snapper fishing. If you are interested in becoming a member of our group (through OzFish Unlimited) or finding out more about our project, sing out 🙂.

I have a yak and am on the lookout for a house to buy in the Wynnum area so might try and join you sometime.

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@Drop Bear is the mayor of Wynnum and would probably have a better idea with me. He is also organising to re-establish heavily depleted oyster/shellfish reefs in Moreton Bay which will in the future produce great snapper fishing. If you are interested in becoming a member of our group (through OzFish Unlimited) or finding out more about our project, sing out 🙂.

I have a yak and am on the lookout for a house to buy in the Wynnum area so might try and join you sometime.

Thanks for the info I just checked it out, amazing effort. Where do u take your yak out?

• 2 months later...
On 06/07/2020 at 11:44 AM, Leosonfire said:

Hi all so never fished the Wynnum side I live smack bang in the middle of Wynnum and Redcliffe but have been to Redcliffe on the last two trips. Keen to explore the other side and some advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Im in my little yak which handles north reef ok what would be some snap holding spots I could reach in the yak around Wynnum manly?

No snapper around Wynnum... yet. 

I hope that before I die I can catch a snapper from the waterfront on a shellfish reef I have restored... A man's gotta dream. 

2 hours ago, benno573 said:

no real structure out from Wynnum until you get as far as green island, unlikely to find any decent snapper in close unfortunately.

You are right however... there is bit of structure around darling point. My plan is to make a ribbon of reefs stretching from Green to Darling Point. Very long term project but worth a go. 

On 07/07/2020 at 11:10 AM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Leosonfire

I have only fished that area once, but the best way to find out how you'll go is to keep trying - you will figure out when/when not too go. 

In general, I think any structure will hold fish... 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Yeah.Thats my problem. It HOLDS the fish. I want some structure that RELEASES the fish!