Bulwer Beaches & Wrecks

GoingFishing

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Afternoon Fellow Fisho's: I am just seeking all information to venture to Buwler Beach section of Moreton as well as fishing in-between for Peral Perch and Flame Tail Snapper, Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from all.

Tight Lines 

Hey mate what are you wanting to know? There is plenty of ground out there. 

Drop Bear,  🙂  thanks for getting back to me.  Man I am going to take the family out of Scarbourgh Marina to Bulwer, but going to fish on the way for a few drifts for pearl Perch but think I would need to get deeper for Flame tail Snapper..  So my question was asking coordinates out to Buwler from Scarborough?

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Drop Bear,  🙂  thanks for getting back to me.  Man I am going to take the family out of Scarbourgh Marina to Bulwer, but going to fish on the way for a few drifts for pearl Perch but think I would need to get deeper for Flame tail Snapper..  So my question was asking coordinates out to Buwler from Scarborough?

I don't have a coordinate for you sorry. There is a bit of shallow ground on the way but not too bad from Scarborough. 

You wont find Pearl Perch or Flame tails but you can get snapper, tuna and a few others on the way if you are lucky. 

Bulwah is a nice place normally but mate this weekend's forecast is rubbish. What sort of boat are you in? I wouldn't suggest you go over there with this forecast especially if you have not done this much before. The wind is really bad and it will be really nasty coming home.

Pick a day with no more than about 12 knots of wind and you will like it a lot more. 

14 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks again for your info, will be a month or so before I am off that way again.  Which weather app you find the best that way?, And in

time wise how far if you have been from Scarbourgh?  1hour to Buwler? I have  been north side from manly ..  

I use seabreeze and windyty. Just remeber these apps like all weather forecasting  can be wrong. I agree with dropbear no more than 12 knots of wind will be fun. 

P.S it is about 17 nautical mile from Scarborgh to Bulwer. Looking at your profile boat and depending on speed 40mins to 1 hour would be a good guess i reckon.

13 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks again for your info, will be a month or so before I am off that way again.  Which weather app you find the best that way?, And in

time wise how far if you have been from Scarbourgh?  1hour to Buwler? I have  been north side from manly ..  

I like to use Meteye

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/

It have a much more accurate assessment of the  wind especially for areas of sea. Plenty of times i is nice and calm in Wynnum but blowing its toots off at Boat Rock. 

Hi GoingFishing

Flame tail snapper are a deep water fish, often around bar cod. They are in waters well, well offshore. Watch some of Sammy Hitzke's videos on deep dropping on YouTube for a few pointers on these guys. 

I'm not sure of pearlies, but they also hang around deeper water and strucutre (i.e. rubble patches). 

Also, be very careful when going out very deep. Often times you'll be away from any land remotely and if the weather gets bad you'll have to be real careful. Pick your days well, is all I'm saying 🙂 

Cheers Hamish