Snap/clips for soft plastics/lures

airofu

4 hours ago, ellicat said:

Back in the 90's we used to use things called Hawaiian snaps for that purpose. Not sure if they're still around.

I know @Dinodadoguses some sort of snap. Hopefully he'll see this and can offer his advice.

Yep, they are still around, type in "Hawaiian Snaps"  into Google or E-bay and you will get lots of results.

6 hours ago, airofu said:

Is there any recommended snap/clips that I can use to quickly swap over soft plastics/hard bodies without it affecting the action instead of tying directly?

Hey airofu

It sure would be quicker. I haven't used them in ages, so can't really comment. Like Bro said, they are supposed to make it swim more unnaturally. I'm sure some would be better than others though.

Cheers Hamish

I've been told that tying a loop knot to the lure is the way.. But the snap is good for changing lures if not working. But maybe they  don't work because of the snap ???? But I haven't caught anything on a lure ( exempt for a mullet in the eye) so I wouldn't really know..Taking the kids in the boat to the Coombabah and Coomera in the morning. Got some prawns and pilchards for them but im just going to stick to lures. 2 rods one with hards and one with softs.. Let you know how I go.. Thats if i don't throw the kids overboard first

Yep. Round snaps are available and work well without impacting your fishing. Your line/knot is going to fail before these clips will.

The hard part is dealing with the small size of the snaps. If you are buying the smallest ones to use on small lures (sx-40's, 2/3inch plastics on <1/8th jigheads) they can bit a bit fiddly to use and really not a viable option if you are a bit hamfisted.

Try these from - https://masterangler.com.au/collections/terminal-tackle/products/damiki-double-lock-snaps

Decoy round snaps are also available from other places if you want them in heavier gauge.