Gold coast canals

STU

Headed out early this morning with plasticman to get some fish on surface and plastics soon as we got out we saw some fish breaking up on the surface I was only fishing lighter gear my mistake got busted straight away:angry: we dropped a few fish and had plenty of follows which makes it exciting could'nt rerig quick enough:P,Andrew landed the first fish of the day being a good little trev fought well pulled some drag.

I was having a shocker thinking nothings going my way watching Andrew landing his second fish on surface it was a giant herring putting on a show jumping about 6 times out of the water so I started using plastics as the sun came out more landed a nice cod staight away on my 4lb gear:) we got plenty of moses perch and bream aswell all on plastics moldy cheese being the standout colour.

I then was lucky enough to land 2 small jack in close of one another on plastics as well so that was a first for me only caught them on bait before.We ended up with about 25 fish for the morning session on surface and plastics so not a bad morning. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/calypso_canal_010_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598434383_thumb.jpg

I know that spot... I think. It's pretty new and basic in there I'm surprised you guys did that well. There has been loads of rat Jacks in that general area of the Gold Coast at the moment. Was there with a mate last Sunday fishing an AusBream Social Comp and the place is flooded with small Jacks and Trevs early morning. One guy brought a Jack that got sharked back to the weigh-in.

Are you guys fishing any of the ABT Summer Series this season? I think I remember you saying you gave it a go and it wasn't your thing? :S .

When am I buming a trip off you Stu? Haha :P .

Troy

Went back again with the mrs this am had to sit in the car for about 40mins at the ramp while it pissed down then off we went the fish were not going off on the surface as much yesterday probably being a bit colder weather still managed a little trev on surface and another herring but the herring spat the lure after its first jump also got a few on plastics skimming them across the surface but they spat the hooks as well scored plenty m.p's again and kristy and I both got a cod each on plastics,then she gave up and went to sleep(not a early bird). [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/calypso_canal_2_001_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598434802_thumb.jpg

STU wrote:

Went back again with the mrs this am had to sit in the car for about 40mins at the ramp while it pissed down then off we went the fish were not going off on the surface as much yesterday probably being a bit colder weather still managed a little trev on surface and another herring but the herring spat the lure after its first jump also got a few on plastics skimming them across the surface but they spat the hooks as well scored plenty m.p's again and kristy and I both got a cod each on plastics,then she gave up and went to sleep(not a early bird). [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/calypso_canal_2_001_AFO.jpg

There's so many Trevers around that size at the moment. They fight really hard on light line. Awesome fish.

Well done again

Archived