ellicat

Excellent work Brian, couple of good fish, and plenty more action to keep you entertained out there by the sounds of it, a brilliant day on the bay, could you get an ID on the bust ups?, when line peels off like you’ve hooked onto an underwater drag car my first thought is long tail, vroom vroom!!

Nice day out there @ellicat with a couple of very tasty captures in the esky - very lucky on that last bait!!!  I've seen longtails herding bait pretty close in on the north-west side of Mud before so could quite well have been them (or mack tuna of course). You'll be keen to get back out there - always fun when you get plenty of action 🙂.

7 hours ago, ellicat said:

The only thing against being a pelagic would be that I had bites first. Having never caught a tuna before, I'm not sure if they do that ??

Could have been a number of things in reality - cobia, jewie, snapper, in shallow-ish water they'd all go on long runs. Alternatively, could have been a pelagic that finished the meal after something else was picking at it first. The beauty of fishing - you never know what might turn up 🙂.

Try the schoolie tonight. If you don’t like it I will be over tomorrow to swap it for a bag of pillies.😂  Easy way to cook it is to fry off some onions, garlic and ginger, add a can of tomatoes and some extra water. Cook the sauce down until it thickens a bit and the add chunks of fish. The fish will cook in about 10 to 15 minutes. Add any herbs you have around (basil is good) or serve it as is. Pretty simple and tasty. I have only ever tried bonito smoked so you can keep that.

19 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Could have been a number of things in reality - cobia, jewie, snapper, in shallow-ish water they'd all go on long runs. Alternatively, could have been a pelagic that finished the meal after something else was picking at it first. The beauty of fishing - you never know what might turn up 🙂.

My gran'daddy  alwaays say'd....

Fishinngg is liike a bowx o'chowclates.