At NPD with Ray

Do$tylz

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

Redclaw are native aren’t they? Why would they not allow you to throw them back? 

Not sure, hence the question 😎.

8 hours ago, GregOug said:

Also, have you ever tried eating the shrimp?

I would be surprised if a notoriously ravenous @Drop Bear hasn’t..... perhaps he can give a critique 😁.

7 hours ago, Luc53 said:

The redclaw's natural range includes the Gulf of Carpentaria Drainage Division and from the Jacky Jacky River basin south to the Normanby River basin on the east coast of Queensland. Within that range, there is a possession limit of 40 but no size limit.

Outside that range there is no size or possession limit as they are not considered "native".

Further to that, I just read on the DAF site that they cannot be returned to the water outside of their natural range as they are considered an introduced species, which applies to SEQ.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/fish-identification-information/fish-species-guide/fish-species-id-info/profile?fish-id=redclaw-crayfish-freshwater

I learnt something new 😎.

22 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I bet you had fun on that silly string .... 😎

Yeah mate. Honestly, that 2lb flouro was just the best way to fish in most of the NPD waters. I did end up tieing on 10lb leader to stop getting bitten/rubbed off when the bass would swallow the hook.

The 2lb was not ideal however around some of the fads and underwater logs etc.

Got dusted a few times but it was honestly super enjoyable. The bigger fish were a great fight and put the rod and reel to the test.