Back into fishing after a while: discovering what's around Canberra

TBG

Hi all, looking forward to dialogue with you all. I'm back into fishing after a break as my kids have grown up and don't get bored of it after 10 minutes.

I'm a beach and estuary fisherman at heart since I grew up on Sydney Harbour, Hawkesbury and the Northern beaches fishing. I'm an Abu fan from way back.

Living in Canberra so keen to get to get amongst them in the capital. Open to suggestions.

That being said, we get down to Batemans Bay occasionally and caught some great rock cod off Between Surf and Wimbie Beach a few weekends back.

CU Round

Tim

• 3 months later...

Hi @TBG There's good fishing here in most of the lakes for Redfin (European Perch), Yellowbelly Perch and Murray Cod. Oh and plenty of carp....

I spend more time at Jervis Bay when I'm down the coast but have fished a bit around Batemans Bay as well. Good beach fishing at Murramarang just north of Batemans as well, I got a few flatties and a salmon in a short session when I was there one weekend with the family.