Good fishing spots on South Coast

KhalidMSyed

Hello All,

Starting a new thread as the previous one was specific to Durras North. I have been fishing on several spots on South Coast and wanted to gather all my fishing reports in one thread. For those of you who have not seen my fishing reports from Durras North, please view this thread first:

More reports to come below. Stay tuned!

This happened to me recently on Wallaga Beach near Little Tilba Lake. 

After a fruitful fishing session where I caught 3x Salmons and 1x Flathead, I was just finishing off by making some scenic drone footage of the area when a wedge-tailed Eagle struck my drone. I actually did not see the attack when it happened because the drone was flying around 100m high and sunlight was very bright making it difficult to see the phone screen properly. But what I did notice was that the screen went black for a few seconds which I thought was a normal glitch. When I landed the drone I was surprised to see that the recording had already stopped which I also thought was a glitch. I did see the Eagle fly away in the distance but did not make the connection at that point.

It was after I came home and watched the footage that I understood what had happened. The impact from the Eagle was so great that the last 1 second or so of the video that was not saved to the memory card yet was lost and recording stopped.

Anyway, I am happy that my drone survived the encounter and the Eagle seemed unharmed. Video report of the fishing trip coming soon.

3 hours ago, KhalidMSyed said:

My pleasure mate. No, I have never targeted Mulloway as they seem rare and difficult to catch.

You could try using a similar rig for mulloway as what you said above. A clump of beach worms or a strip of salmon on gang/snelled hooks and a sinker large enough to hold the ground in the surf. Mulloway supposedly are best targeted on a high tide. I'm sure there would be plenty of youtube videos about it.

Cheers Hamish

2 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

You could try using a similar rig for mulloway as what you said above. A clump of beach worms or a strip of salmon on gang/snelled hooks and a sinker large enough to hold the ground in the surf. Mulloway supposedly are best targeted on a high tide. I'm sure there would be plenty of youtube videos about it.

Cheers Hamish

Ok thanks. Will try.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...