Beach worming dramas

Bretto77

25 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Doing an apprenticeship without a master is difficult. You'll have it down pat in a few more goes, is my prediction.

I think I need the master... I feel like it's going to be a few hundred more goes at the moment. But I certainly hope you are right and a great epiphany occurs soon👍

7 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

They are tricky mate. You are doing well if you are only starting out. Well done. Where are you planning on using the worms? 

We just used them up Coombabah creek. We are finding things a little scarce on the whiting front at the moment. Sometimes yabbies work better there, sometimes it's worms that account for the most fish. Lately however, we have not found whiting in numbers anywhere no matter what bait.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2023 at 9:56 PM, Bretto77 said:

@ubnt there has been plenty of treasurable moments with the kids gathering both worms and yabbies. The youngest daughter actually got a minor blue bottle sting on the day of this "Beach worming dramas". She just soldiered on. Losing a cheap plastic bracelet at the beach on the following worming attempt however seemed to be much more traumatic....

Can I ask you how much time is needed to get 10 worms if there were no distractions? I am probably going worming tonight and don't want any dramas!

7 minutes ago, ubnt said:

Can I ask you how much time is needed to get 10 worms if there were no distractions? I am probably going worming tonight and don't want any dramas!

That's a difficult question to answer. It took me nearly an hour to catch my first ever worm I think! But the other day I probably got 10 in about 20-25 minutes I think. I didn't really take much notice of the time to be honest.

2 hours ago, Angry51 said:

You'll have to work harder Brett. 

No clock watching, otherwise you'll never get a job

full time worming.😉

Maybe I need to be watching the clock more. Accurate catch rates/ effectiveness would be essential if one was trying to earn a crust doing that... However I would have rathered been doing that than this

IMG20230113104347.thumb.jpg.08b9ea89e3859a747a794fc2567628c1.jpg