A quiet past few weeks

charlie.hans.fishing

1 hour ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Nice report Charlie, shame the fishing was a bit quiet. Did you manage to find anywhere to pump yabbies? 

I was going to pump them and see if they were at stumers but I didn't end up getting a chance. Maybe in my free time I'll go pump them for fun. 

1 hour ago, TheCharliefisho said:

I was going to pump them and see if they were at stumers but I didn't end up getting a chance. Maybe in my free time I'll go pump them for fun. 

Fresh and/or live bait is leagues above servo bait. Cheese and chalk is the old saying. Speaking of cheese, you mentioned trying it for the cod around Killarney. A mate of mine from Darwin was in Shepparton recently and picked up some nice cod on cheese. He seems to think that it wasn't so much the cheese as the shrimp that gathered on the cheese that got the cods attention. It got me thinking anyway.

14 minutes ago, Bretto77 said:

Fresh and/or live bait is leagues above servo bait. Cheese and chalk is the old saying. Speaking of cheese, you mentioned trying it for the cod around Killarney. A mate of mine from Darwin was in Shepparton recently and picked up some nice cod on cheese. He seems to think that it wasn't so much the cheese as the shrimp that gathered on the cheese that got the cods attention. It got me thinking anyway.

Yeah, I would've gotten some fresher bait if possible but I did try to look for better quality frozen bait opposed to the tweed stuff. That's an interesting point, you've got me thinking too now...

Great detailed report there @TheCharliefisho. You had lots of luck there, some good and some not so good. 😄

That Leatherjacket that your brother caught is a Tripodfish and I think a Blacktip one. Which is not that common a capture so he can brag about that. 

Keep up the good work mate.

1 hour ago, Rick Ludd said:

Great detailed report there @TheCharliefisho. You had lots of luck there, some good and some not so good. 😄

That Leatherjacket that your brother caught is a Tripodfish and I think a Blacktip one. Which is not that common a capture so he can brag about that. 

Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks Rick. 

He was excited to hear! I guess he can boast about it 😑

Charlie