Beach fishing setup recommendation

ubnt

Hi fellow fishoes,

I have done a bit of land based esturay fishing in Brisbane and am looking to broaden my interest to include surf/beach fishing.

I wonder if somebody could recommend a beginner setups to use on Nudgee beach/ beaches in Redcliffe/ bribie island surf side.

I already have a 12 ft heavy surf rod and a 9 ft veritus comp rod, together with a few 4000s reel and Penn spinfisher 735 and 835 reels( which is quite heavy). 

I am not very interested in the alvey as I have tried them. I wonder if some could recommend a sub 100 reel and a quality mono Line. Of course if you think I should get a better surf rod, please put it down as well.

For the fish target I am aiming at Taylor /snapper, not shark alike species.

Also I mostly do bait fishing.

Thank you my fellow and have a great week!

Nudgee beach/ beaches in Redcliffe hardly have a wave break so you can just use what you have for regular estuary fishing.

For Bribie 12ft is way overkill again the wave break is only slight. A 9-10ft graphite or fibreglass rod will suffice for the mostly dart / bream / whiting / flathead catches there.

For Bribie Island the upper beach side end where there is more swell / wave action tends to fish better.

2 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Nudgee beach/ beaches in Redcliffe hardly have a wave break so you can just use what you have for regular estuary fishing.

For Bribie 12ft is way overkill again the wave break is only slight. A 9-10ft graphite or fibreglass rod will suffice for the mostly dart / bream / whiting / flathead catches there.

For Bribie Island the upper beach side end where there is more swell / wave action tends to fish better.

Thanks for the tips and can't wait to try my luck!