Who wants to borrow the AFO Boat?

Feral

You might have noticed the this thread
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&catid=5&id=67223#67223

Well we have a hull, and enough gear lying around, and a home for it.

We just need to know if there is enough interest out there to make it worth while putting it all together.

The boat will be available to anyone, but is particularly targeted at the young fella's who do a lot of land based fishing around the river, Schulz's etc.

So if you reckon you might like to borrow the boat from time to time, put a reply in here. If there is enough interest I'll sort it all out, and maybe have a M&G teaching day for those unfamiliar with using small boats.

Hi there,

I would certainly be interested in borrowing a boat for any fishing trip.......I am starting to tire of walking and hiking trying to find local hot spots. I mainly target jew, having come from Newcastle, but am struggling trying to find accessible land based spots for them. I have tried several recommended spots with no success so far...

The inflatables might hold it once on, but I reckon you could do a lot of damage to your roof getting the boat on. Particularly if your not used to loading the boat on to them. I would say if you dont have a solid set of roof racks, borrow or rent a trailer.

also It would probably go alright in a ute, hanging over the tail gate, with an old blanket under it.

I suppose we need to work out the best time to get all the gear together, and then to Ellicat's place!

Maybe we should see if we can have a bit of a meet up over the break, and all those who said they would donate gear could all bring it along (if they can of course!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ellicat,

I'll only be over at North Pine Dam, but I dont know what times I have to be there until after the meeting tomorrow night.

If the times overlap, I'll drop it at Kurwongbah on my way through, if not, the boys have some work on up this way, I might be able to throw it in the back of a ute from work later in the week and drop it off at your place. Should be able to get it to you one way or another.

I'll let you know.

Maybe Ray might toss in a pair of the six volt batteries he is giving away, then anyone wanting too use it would only have to borrow an electric?

Archived