rumrunner mods!

rumrunner

hi all

i thaught i would throw a thread together of the mods/repairs i do to my boat!

i have allot more mods/repairs planned for her in the future and thaught some of you mite like to follow it allong and see how she goes?

i like these kind of threads! hope you do to?

just a little info for all!

she is a 1987 model coxcraft rumrunner 5.2mtr halfcabin all perpose boat!

i have owned her now for 6 months and have since done a few repairs!

first was the outboard rebuild witch i did myself as i am a mechanic!

i only got 8hrs out of the outboard from purchas untill she went bang!

when i finished the outboard rebuild with a few improovments allong the way it was then time to do the wiring:ohmy:

it didnt look like it had been touched since the 80's so i replaced the lot! except for the engine harness as it was still fine!

while running the outboard in during a big trip from cabbage to peel, it got very rough and one of my passengers wasnt holding on and ripped the seat pole rite out of the floor:angry:

so the next job was the seat boxes!

i cut the poles 300mm and the boxes i made are 400x400mm so i gained a fair bit in hight as to see ova the bow!

i also dropped the front of the box 10mm to give a better seating position!(no more sore back)

i have also done more to her such as a dual battery system with isolator, repainted the cabbin and sides, replaced the carpet on the dash and cabbin floor, replaced the switch board, fitted cd mp3 player and speakers(allot more to come she will pump),replaced the depth sounder with a furono, removed the pin striping and buffed like buggery! and just today im fitting a box/cabinett i made to cover my steering box and wiring!

and will also be replacing the fuel filter/water seperator with one ive had lying around synce i removed it from the boot of a customers street racing commadore:blink: a few yers ago!

so thats about it for now here are a few pics!

first pic: ready for maiden voyage after purchase! [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00068__Custom_.JPG

post-2165-144598436682_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

Nastymind wrote:
Stereo???

lmao

Just $hit stirrin' mate.

Nice work

Well if had a loo on board - apparently that can enhance the sound from speakers (when they're in it);) :laugh: (Just jokes)

ok as punishment both of you have to sit in my cabbin for 10min and listen to xxx manix:angry: (death metal) at full power!:laugh:

see if ya's have any smart ass comments to say when you have permenent hearing damage?:P :laugh:

Archived