SX48: my first fish on a HB.

tomca

Was sick of my SP's being destroyed by toadfish, so I tried my chrismas pressy SX48.

40cm flathead in Nundah Creek. I think I might use it more often.

Sorry about the quality of the phone pic. My camera battery went flat. [img size=160]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/flathead-a94a23877391e24f655220311722dc8a.jpg

post-1039-144598437232_thumb.jpg

I tend to catch all my flatties on the ebb tide, running the bait off the edge of the shallows into the deeper water. That one took the lure about a metre from my feet, scared the crap outta me as it leaped out of the water past my shin. He took it in about 20 cm of water.

tomca wrote:

Absolutely, but it was blowing a gale out there. I was dragging my anchor whenever I stopped, so I found a sheltered sandbank behind the first island and tossed lures into the channel. I've only ever got a small jack there on bait last summer.

Wow 10 fishes on your SX48. That's awesome! I only had 3 fishes and a few other hits. I was told it's prob coz my lure is much bigger than any sx48 or sx40. Perhaps I really oughta get one of each and give them a go.. hehe..

pcsolutionman wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
ha so it could be anything to me.

thanks for showing us around lee.

no worries my pleasure just a pity the fishys didnt come out to play, and when they finally did DAN stuffs up lol, all our hard work for one good hit and hookup and he lets the team down :blush: :blush:

Lee

I should never have used your dodgy knot Lee.

seriously though thanks for playing tour guide.

pcsolutionman wrote:

kevinchen19870316 wrote:
ha so it could be anything to me.

thanks for showing us around lee.

no worries my pleasure just a pity the fishys didnt come out to play, and when they finally did DAN stuffs up lol, all our hard work for one good hit and hookup and he lets the team down :blush: :blush:

Lee

Ouch Lee you nasty thing - hahahhahah tell me more.:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

brian, all we caught that day was a whiting around 10cm. lee showed us around some awesome spot (thanks again) but the rain had totally shut the fish down. our last attempt was a small lake, we braved 1m wet grass and had a few casts. lee and dan got a few hits without hook up. finally, dan got something on his topwater towadi and the fish jumped for 3 times in 1minute. it's about 50-60cm and it could easily take line off dan's reel. to our surprise, the leader knot failed and we never had a chance to see what fish it was....

that;s the story

HAHA Dan and Kevin were right next to me when it hit. My other mates thought it was just me playing around with my drag because it took out that much line that quickly. It struck about 5m out from the bank and took me straight to structure and busted me off :( . I was only using a really light 6lb outfit though. oh well me and my mates were thinking about doing a night fish there sometime with more appropriate equipment, so hopefully i will catch the same one and get my lure back LOL

Archived