post up your jack weapon

mackmauler

i often get asked what im using i havnt upgraded my gear in quiet a while, this combo is around 10 years old and has accounted for numerous fish, 8-15kg angler rod and calcutta 400 with upgraded drag, snapping 20lb line through it bent is no problem if i need to lock up on a hard fish, suffice to say it wont load up to cast small lures. [img size=450]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/aznew_040.jpg

post-880-144598437267_thumb.jpg

i would post a pic but my camera still aint working after i washed it out with fresh water ect but anyway my 'jack weapon' even though i havnt used it properly yet and have never caught a jack would be the one i won in the brc. Pflueger criterion baitcaster combo. Been practicing heaps in the pool and i can cast well now.. just need some 15ishlb braid and whamo.

This is my new jack weapon, got it for christmas off the missus. Its my first baitcaster, I've always been devoted to using spin gear, but i'm real keen to give it a go. Its a shimano cruxis 200 loaded with 20pb braid and 25pb fluro leader sitting on a shimano 6-8kg rod. Should be the perfect jack/barra hunting weapon. It hasn't touched the water yet coz the weather has been pretty sh*t :( so I'm dying to get out there and smash some jacks with it!! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/27122007107_AFO.jpg

post-1197-144598437275_thumb.jpg

Feral, read my thread 'this is the one I landed' You'll understand what's going on.I've been busted on 15lb and 20lb within seconds in the last two days in exactly the same spot.

that snapper combo won't do the trick. You need tree stump pulling power. Seriously I'm considering live baiting with a Tiagra 80W lol:laugh:

My gear won't be too great for monsters, but it should be alright for medium sized Jacks and Cod. I've got a Shimano River Raider, 6'3\", 3-6kg rod; matched with a Pfluegar Presidant with 15lb Tuf line (braid) on it. I originally bought it for casting lighter lures (which it does very well), but it should be strong enough for medium estaury fish.

Yeah that BC setup would handle the ones up to about 45cm I reckon. The fight is one and lost in the first 0.5 second with those fish. You just have to be ready and if you give an inch they will destroy you.

Trust me, the one that hit me yesterday was so crazy I paddled half way home with the anchor still hanging out and barely noticed I was in that much shock:laugh:

Archived