Show us ya pink Rod!

Feral

Well if someone can have a thread titled "Pink grubbin" I thought I'd get in on the act. :P

But we started talking pink rods in another thread, so instead of hijacking it further I thought I;d post these here.

Smaller rod is a Durango, which is a shakespeare rod (and reel combo, not a shimano as I said in the other thread)they do these and the ugly stiks in pink. This one cost me around $20 from memory, 2-4kilo 6 foot based on the 602 blank. The Ugly stick version is around $70 from memory, rod only.

P1090869.jpg

P1090868.jpg

P1090867.jpg

The second is an Ebay cheapie I picked up because I was already buying a few bits from this mob, and postage for anything else was going to be free, so I picked it up for 99c! I already had one of these and they are a great cheap rod for kids, great action (cast them all day, which is pretty good for that size rod)and being glass, tough as old boots for the kids to handle.

P1090866.jpg

And the pair of them together

P1090863.jpg

If your "girl" is any older than about 11 or 12 and shows a keen interest in fishing, then a pink Ugly Stik is a good investment, if they are younger / not so keen go with the cheap Durango, its still very good value for money, and works weell, but not going to last forever!

Rocket75 wrote:

retailers use the ties to keep reels on the rods that they are sold with as combos...some people :angry: try to switch them over or steal them! we use stainless steel ones on the big $ ones.

Rocket

Also stops 6 yo's dropping the reel over the side! I left them on, much to her disgust!. Nice thing about th eDurango is the baitcaster style reel seat, easy on little hands, no threads to rub.

very funny feral.

my better half comes fishing with me alot so i bought her a little shimano combo 6'6 nothing special, it was great she loved it cause it was hers and not mine, then one day made the mistake of taking her to bcf, (i have an ugly stick i use a fair bit) she saw the pink one. oh my god the carry on all of a sudden the shimano was not good enough. she she got what she wanted got her ugly stick in bright pink. if the girl likes fishing y not. we buy the rods we like so its fair they get to as well. thats my 2 cents worth

Feral wrote:

Troy_79 wrote:
maybe you should donate 5 bucks for every fish you catch with that rod to breast cancer research:P

Look I volunteered to be a tester, but they knocked me back! said the drool was to hard to clean up!

:ohmy: Damn Pink rods and Breasts starting to sound like a XXX movie:blink:

Rocket75 wrote:

retailers use the ties to keep reels on the rods that they are sold with as combos...some people :angry: try to switch them over or steal them! we use stainless steel ones on the big $ ones.

Rocket

I hate the stainless rings on the Amart combo's. They're impossible to get off.

Is there a secret to getting them off or are boltcutters the only way?

This is of course for after you've bought it:silly:

ZooT wrote:

Here is my Daughter using her Pink Rod I got from Amart Under $20 :) Went looking at rods and she said daddy I want a new rod she wants the shimano lipstick now.

sophiafishing.jpg

Yep.. thats the one i got my g/f. Figured since it was a trial thing to see if she would actually enjoy fishing if she had her own rod, it wasn't worth spending any decent amount of money on a good rod.

Archived